Chapter Nineteen

I made a brave verdict the next morning. I decided that since I was living with Alec for a month, I should get to know him, and not entirely believe his bad reputation. I know he’s better than that.

I shakily walked to the room that I had let Alec borrow for his time here. It is Uncle Edward’s room, and I’m not sure he would appreciate that a high ranking Volturi member stayed in his private bedroom, but anyways…

I knocked on his door hesitantly, and a kind, but firm, ‘enter’ sounded through the wooden door. I turned the brass knob, and stepped inside the light bedroom, and found Alec laying on Uncle Edward’s white leather couch, reading my copy of Pride and Prejudice. Aw…

“Uh, hi?” I greet uncertainly. Wow, something about this boy makes me completely awkward and shy. Well, I am usually shy, but I’m never awkward.

“Hello.” He smiled, as he sat up, and studied my expression curiously, reading my emotions through my expressible eyes. “What is it you need?”

“You know what? It really doesn’t matter, I’ll just leave you be.” I chickened out, and tried to leave, blushing extraordinarily pink.

“No, wait, please!” Alec pleaded, as he appeared between myself and the door. He forcefully made his face appear professional. “You can tell me.” He persuaded in an angelic voice.

“I just wanted to talk to you.” I blushed once more, playing with my brunette waves.

“Really?” He asked, with shock clouding his tone, as if no one had ever bothered to get to know this beautiful creature.

“Yeah.” I smiled shyly, as I tucked a piece of my hair away behind my ear.

“Okay, sure.” He grinned wildly.

“Did you want to take a walk?” I giggled. I knew the perfect place, that nobody knew about, only me, and it was the most beautiful and relaxing place I knew.

“Yes, I’d love to.” He smiled. I shakily grabbed his hand, and led him to Uncle Ed’s humongous glass window, and we walked out to the balcony swiftly.

I sighed happily at the scenery. “Well, come on!” I giggled louder, as I jumped off the balcony, and landed gracefully on my feet. He stared at me in amazement, and I winked at him slyly, and took off into the cover off the trees.

I could hear his gentle footfalls, as he took off after me, even faster than I was running, until he overtook me. I pouted. “Aye, you don’t even know where you are going!” I chuckled melodically, as I took a sharp right turn, and climbed a tree quickly. I continued running through the treetops, leaping agilely from tree to tree. As I looked below, I saw a laughing Alec looking up at me, as he kept pace with me. I smiled, as we continued to run with extra vampire speed, enjoying the beautiful scenery as we sped past, not the least bit blurry.

*Alec’s POV*

As I looked up, I started laughing; a natural laugh, one I haven’t used away from my sister— especially in a long time. Chloe’s beauty and grace had astounded me. Her long, thick chocolate waves flew out, as she ran at an inhuman pace. I kept up with her, always glancing up her, unwilling to take my eyes off of her.