Chapter Four

Dedicated to @9heros for her constant support! You guys should all read her stories found on her profile, because you'd be in for a treat! Love you Lindseyboo!

Love Mama Marshmallow xox

********

Chapter Four

*Bella’s POV* (I know it’s different, but I wanted to give you a different perspective of the Cullen’s, and especially Chloe :))

This morning passed in a blur. It was difficult to believe that Edward Cullen had actually spoken to me, without any harsh comments about me leaving him alone, though he was hesitant to speak to me.

So I was impatient and frightened as Jessica and I entered the cafeteria for lunch. I wanted to see his face, to see if he’d gone back to the cold, indifferent person that I’d known, and been seated next to, for the past few weeks. Or if, by some fortunate miracle, I’d really spoken to him, as if we were friends. Jessica babbled on about her dance plans- Lauren and Angela were going with the other boys as I had suggested- completely unaware that I was distracted and wasn’t listening to a word she was saying at all.

Disappointment flooded through me as my boring brown eyes zoned to the Cullen’s usual table, and discovered that the other five were there- the breathtaking blonde Rosalie, the big, brawny Emmett, the tiny Alice, the blonde Jasper, and the gorgeous, graceful brunette Chloe- but the one I longed to see was absent. Had he gone home early? My appetite disappeared, and returned with a sick, dull feeling in the pit of my stomach. So in the lunch line, I bought nothing but a boring bottle of lemonade. I wanted to sit at the table and sulk.

Then Jessica uttered the words that made my heart flutter and my stomach swarm with butterflies. “Edward Cullen is staring at you again. I wonder why he is sitting by himself today.”

My head snapped up so quickly, I could’ve sworn I’d given myself whiplash. I followed her gaze to see Edward, smiling his breathtakingly crooked smile, staring at me from an empty table across the cafeteria from where he usually sat. When he realised he had successfully caught my eye, he rose one pale finger, and beckoned me towards him. As I stared in disbelief, he winked. I gasped.

“Does he mean you?” Jessica asked with insulting bewilderment in her voice, but I was too distracted to notice.

“Maybe he needs help with his Biology homework.” I muttered, as I quickly left and reached his table.

He motioned for me to take the spare seat, and I quickly sat down. “This is different.” I murmured, sipping on my lemonade.

“Well…” Edward paused, as he thought for words. They came out in a rush. “I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly.”

“You know I have absolutely no idea what you mean.” I eventually pointed out.

“I know.” He smiled again.

“So… I don’t think your family is taking this…well.” I rushed, as I locked eyes with the beautiful blonde, Rosalie. I couldn’t look away from her hateful glower, until her scary death glare turned to the gorgeous brunette, Chloe, almost as if she had called Rosalie’s name. Her glare softened, as she gazed fondly at the youngest member of the Cullen family. I turned my stare to Chloe, who looked almost sad, as her expressive green eyes bored into mine. Her beautiful vibrant green eyes, so unlike her siblings’ golden eyes, were so stunning compared to my dull brown orbs.