Chapter Fourteen

I sat in the back of my Lamborghini silently, as I allowed a few tears escape, as I glanced out of the tinted windows, speeding past the edge of Forks.

The tearful farewell I had with my family, was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to go through. Auntie Rose was hysterical, and it broke my heart to see her like that.

Last night, at Bella’s ruined birthday party, I had spent the rest of the night, cradled between Nana, Papa, Uncle Em, Auntie Rose, and Uncle Ed, who had decided to spend the night with me, away from Bella. I had spent the night silently watching my favourite Disney movies, as I was shared between my family members.

It may be hard to leave my family members, without saying goodbye to one of my closest friends, Bella, but I couldn’t abandon my Dad, when he needed me so much. So late afternoon, my Mum, and Dad and I were leaving Forks, heading for Denali,

I have always been close to the Denali sisters, and Carmen and Eleazer. They are lovely people, and they were so excited to hear that we were visiting them for a while. I’ll admit, they were wary when they first met me, six months after my birth when I looked the age of a small two year old or a large three year old. They were convinced I was an immortal child, and that I was illegal. The Denali’s had learnt to abide by all laws the Volturi had set. But they quickly warmed up to me.

“Chloe, sweetie, are you okay?” Mum asked me, as she looked out of my passenger seat.

“Yeah Mum. I’m okay. I just miss them is all.” I said sadly, as I settled deeper into my velvety leather seats, hoping that sleep would succumb me.

“Alright sweetie.” Mum smiled sadly, as she held Dad’s hand over the glove box.

I smiled slightly at their cute love, and allowed my eyes to flutter shut with the promises of a light sleep.

*******

*Two Days Later*

“What?!” I shrieked at the top of my lungs, through my mobile phone at Auntie Rose. I was very much aware that Mum, Dad, Eleazer, Carmen and Irina were watching me worriedly. But Mum and Dad had an unsurprised expression on their beautiful faces, so I knew they knew about this.

“I’m sorry baby, but we’re leaving Forks.” Auntie Rose’s sad voice replied to me through the speaker.

“W-why?” I mumbled, as I clutched my aching my head, and sunk into the couch, in between Eleazer and Carmen.

“You knew it was coming sweetie. Carlisle doesn’t look a day over thirty, and he is going for thirty-three. People are starting to talk. And Edward…well he thinks this is better for her so we’re leaving altogether.” Auntie Rose replied, and I knew she was worried for me just by the tone of her voice.

“B-But. Where are you moving to?” I whimpered sadly.

“Em and I are going to Europe for a while, and Esme and Carlisle are going up to Northern America. And Edward… he’s going around for a while. I’m not sure where. Your mum and Dad said that you’ll stay in Alaska for a while.”

“Will I see you soon?” I asked, as my perfect melodic voice cracked slightly.

“I hope so sweetie. I hope so. Uncle Em and I love you so very, very much. Take care.”

“I love you Auntie Rose and Uncle Emmi.” I whimpered, as the line disconnected. I threw my face in my hand, and started to cry pathetically. Everything was falling apart!

Cold, strong arms embraced me, and I knew it was Eleazer by his scent. “Everything’s falling apart.” I whimpered, as I thought of my broken family.

“I’m sorry.” Eleazer whispered. I sighed, and sat up slowly, and wiped my teary eyes on the back of Kate’s jumper that I was currently wearing.

“It’s fine.” I climbed off Eleazer’s stone lap. “I’m going to lie down.” I smiled sadly, before running into my temporary bedroom. I closed the door with a soft ‘click’. I jumped onto the double bed, and laid on my stomach.

I allowed all the memories of Forks to flood through my mind, as I thought my caring, loving family, and the tears flooded down my cheeks, and stained the bed covers. I crawled into a fragile foetus position, and sobbed into my knees.

I missed my family!