Chapter Fifteen

“Daddy, I need to check on Bella, please? Please let me go and visit her, for two months max? I never got to tell her goodbye!” I begged him. It has been over six months since us Cullen’s had cut off all contact with Bella and Forks, and I still felt horrible about it. Bella was so in love with Uncle Edward, and because of Daddy’s one little mistake, Uncle Ed decided to abandon Bella, leave Forks, and go his own way. The Cullen coven spilt up, and it still breaks my heart.

So, now Auntie Rose and Uncle Emmett are sort of on a honeymoon type holiday, travelling Europe. Mama and Papa are in Northern America, in the Rocky Mountains, and at this point in time, Mum and Dad and I are remaining with the Denali coven, in Alaska.

“Chloe, if Edward finds-“ dad begins, but I don’t let him complete his sentence, already knowing what it will be.

“Dad, it will only be for two months, he will never know. If we do this my way, it has to be easier for Bella to know we still care, but that it is safer for her. Dad, she’s hurting.” My voice breaks mid-way. I can see that he is having a hard time saying no to me.

“Jazz.” Mum said quietly. “Let her go, we owe Bella this much.”

Dad exhales deeply, and thinks for a moment or so. I know he is going to give into me, he always does. “Two months, max. If you get hurt, in any way at all, you are grounded… for life.”

I cheer quietly, and smirked triumphantly. “Thanks Daddy, thank you so much!”

“Somebody is eager.” Irina laughs, as she walks into the living room, smiling at me lovingly. I absolutely adored Irina, and I’m so happy that she has found her true love—even though that vampire is Laurent da Revin.

“Hi Irina.” I smiled sweetly.

“Hello Chloe.”  Irina chuckled, and I ran upstairs to my designated bedroom, with my extra vampire speed, to pack two suitcases. I fill the cases up with most of my clothing, shoes, makeup and special memoirs. They include my silver bracelet, with the Cullen coat of arms that I got when I turned one, and a silver locket with two Cullen family portraits- one sweet and serious, the other is goofy and humorous. I also packed a special photo album, with photos of my accelerated dhampir childhood and family memories.

I was going to leave as soon as possible, hopefully I could drive my green Lamborghini, though Dad would probably make me drive the black Audi.  When I finally finished packing, I picked up the two cases and tote bag with my increased vampire strength, and flew down the staircase, as quick as a bullet.

“You’re driving the Audi.” Dad said immediately, as soon as I got down the stairs. The Audi is the car Mum and Dad brought so they don’t have to drive my conspicuous green Lamborghini around the small streets of Alaska.

“Aw, why?” I whined, probably a lot like a little girl who just got told they can’t have the newest Barbie doll.

“No whining, you’re lucky you are going.” Dad raised an eyebrow. I stayed quiet, and bit the inside of my cheek.