Chapter Twelve

“Mum, do you think Bella is going to think this too much?” I asked carefully, as I helped her hang up the purple and silver party balloons. I looked around at the hugely decorated Cullen mansion. There were beautifully scented candles that smelled of freesia, lavender and vanilla, scattered all over the living-room, along with precious bouquets of red roses. Our piano had a velvety silver cloth over the top of it, which had a ginormous white cake sitting on it fragilely. Great. I get a lot of cake, seeing as Bella and I were the only ones who were actually going to eat. Numerous glass plates were stacked delicately beside it, and the large pile of silver wrapped presents were gleaming under the fragile light.

“Probably, but we’re doing it anyway. Just you wait until you’re eighteenth birthday.” Mum grinned broadly, as she seriously thought about all the possibilities.

“Mum. I’m seven, you have a long time until my eighteenth.” I raised my eyebrows, as I jumped off of Papa’s shoulders, who I was graciously using as a ladder.

“And thank god for that.” Auntie Rose muttered. “Don’t want you getting old princess, you have to stay a baby forever.” I giggled, as Uncle Emmett danced me around the room.

“Chloe, go get changed!” Mum squealed, and my glowing green eyes widened, as I did as I was told, and gracefully ran up the clear flight of stairs. I bounded into my room, and grinned at the white dress that was lying neatly on my well-made bed.

I carefully pulled off my black sweats, and the oversized knitted white jumper, that I had changed into when I returned home from school, revealing my strapless black underwear set. I delicately stepped into the short white dress, careful not to tear it at all. I stepped into the black velvet heels, and immediately felt taller.

I rushed to my small mirror, and began styling my hair into a messy low bun, that suited the outfit perfectly. I slipped a light layer of strawberry flavoured clear lip gloss across my plump rosy lips, and I beamed happily.

I stood up carefully, and walked to my walk in wardrobe. I looked into the body length mirror, and smiled at the sight. A young tanned girl was beaming happily, in a strapless white dress, with black lace decorating the chest area. It was tight above her bust, and flowed out gently beneath it, the hem of the dress stopped at her mid-thigh. The black heels made her long tanned legs appear longer and curvier. That girl was me, obviously.

I walked downstairs with Bella’s gifts in my hand, and I smiled at my caring family. “Oh, baby, you look beautiful, as always.” Nana smiled, as she leaned into Papa’s strong chest. I grinned pleasantly, and placed my gifts with the others on top of the piano.

“I don’t know why we brought her so many gifts.” Auntie Rose muttered, as she fixed her long black dress.

“Rose…” Papa smiled sadly, and Auntie shook her head before walking beside Uncle Emmett. The flashing lights of Bella’s truck appeared, and Uncle Emmett pecked Auntie Rose’s cheek, and ruffled my hair, before picking up a box off the piano, and disappearing out the back. I giggled quietly.

Bella and Uncle Edward appeared hand in hand, and Bella smiled coyly, as she reached our family. “Hey Bells! Happy Birthday again!” I called to her, just to make her feel less awkward.