Chapter Thirteen

Every vampire in the room, male and female, tensed up and held their breath. Bella looked around at us, looking terrified, and Uncle Edward had the worst expression etched into his facial features. He was full on glaring at my Dad, probably reading his thoughts. I snapped my worried gaze to Dad, who’s upper lip was curling into a vicious, hungry glare. His eyes were a glistening onyx, and I was scared, as he did not tear his thirsty eyes off of Bella once during those first few moments.

As my Dad charged at Bella impatiently, graceful and feral, I charitably jumped in front of Bella protectively, pushing her into the gentle arms of Nana. Uncle Edward shoved me away protectively away from my frenzied father, and I went flying into the glass bookcase, crashing with a loud ‘snapping’ sound. I heard the savage sound of my sensitive skin splitting once again, as the numerous pieces of tiny glass dug into my delicate skin. My sight blurred and my head spun, as I smelt the scent of my own blood.

“Chloe!” Numerous voices shrieked with concern. The heavy sound of a thudding heart made its way over to me, and my eyes widened in worry, as I gently lifted my heavy head with effort. I pushed my dark curtain of curly hair that had fallen out of my neat do, only to see that Bella had put herself in the direct path of my ravenous Dad, as she rushed to check on my injuries.

Uncle Edward sprinted towards Bella, and shoved her away, and her fragile body flew away from Uncle Edward’s outstretched palm, and smashed into the piano heavily. The sound of a heavy, uncontrollable rock slide echoed around the house, as Dad and Uncle Edward smashed into each other. I whimpered in fright. I didn’t want my family fighting each other. It was just….wrong. They were meant to be brothers, for Christ sake!

In a flash of blonde, Papa hooked his gentle arms around me, and gently lifted me out of the glass waste, cuddling me to his cold body bridal style, and agilely sprinted back towards Nana’s worried side. Nana took a strong hold on my hand, and held it to her permanently still heart, as we watched the continuation of the vicious brawl, with sad, worried eyes.

Dad’s open, growling mouth was extremely close to Uncle Edward’s throat, and I continued trembling with fright. Dad was letting loose some of the most terrifying noises that I have ever heard in my short life. Loud, wild snarls were emitted from his chest, as he fought to get to Bella’s blood.

“Rose, Emmett!” Papa and Uncle Edward yelled, as they tried their hardest to grip back Dad from the frightened Bella. Uncle Emmett rushed forward immediately, and grasped Dad around the shoulders, and Auntie Rose made her way slowly over to the struggling trio. Auntie Rose had a sick smirk etched into her facial features, as she pounced on Dad’s back. I shivered violently, and Papa cradled my bleeding body to his stone chest protectively, as Uncle Emmett and Auntie Rose dragged my snarling father out of the room, and across the river, away from the heavy scent of blood.

“Bella?” I asked quietly, as I glanced at the terrified girl.

“I’m fine.” Bella answered immediately, as she glanced at Uncle Edward worriedly.

“I’m going to have to sew this up.” Papa announced, as he gently placed me on the ground and examined Bella’s injured arm. Mum tried to hand Papa a hand towel, but Papa shook his head. “No. There’s too much glass.”