Chapter Six

I moaned, and coughed loudly, hurting my throat in the process.  “She’s coming around.” Papa’s voice clarified happily.

“Oh, thank god.” Numerous voices breathed, my dad’s voice loudest. I fluttered my eyelids, and cleared my perfect vision. I found my Dad’s worried golden eyes, and sat up quickly clutching my aching head. I embraced my loving father tightly, and my mother joined in the hug, as she pecked my forehead quickly numerous times- uttering how much she loves and missed me.

“What happened?” I breathed, as I scanned the room of my worried beloved family members. I saw that I was laying on the sofa that pulled into a single bed- and I was connected to a few hospital machines that Papa brings home.

“Em found you unconscious in the river; by the treaty line. You were out for a week- you had a case of pneumonia.” Auntie Rose’s worried voice answered me. She looked as if she was itching for a cuddle; so I let go of Dad and gave her a hug. She sighed, and breathed in my scent, as she strongly embraced me. Then I ran to Mum and gave her a cuddle, and she kissed my forehead, and happily returned my strong cuddle, as she gazed at me fondly.

“Uncle Em!” I sung happily, and gave him a huge hug, the way he likes it.

“Hey squirt!” He laughed happily, as he ruffled my hair lovingly.

“Nana, Papa!” I embraced them quickly, as they expressed how worried they were. “Where’s Uncle Ed?”

“Here.” I heard his voice, and I turned around, to see his mournful face, looking sad and apologetic. Auntie Rose growled at him angrily.  I ran towards him, and gave him a careful hug, and he happily returned it. “I’m so sorry Chloe, I wasn’t careful enough.”

“It’s fine, I’m not mad about that.” I exaggerated the ‘that’, raising an eyebrow.

“What are you mad about then?” He asked warily, trying to read my mind, but I was translating the Chinese dictionary to English to keep him out.

“You took me to Port Angeles, so you could stalk your girlfriend!” I shouted.

“Well, she wasn’t my girlfriend then, if that makes a difference.” Uncle Edward smiled crookedly.

“Well, that’s not the point, I already kn- Wait, you’re dating her now?” I asked with confusion. Gee, he worked fast.

“Yes.” He said, glaring at Rose. “She isn’t a grubby human Rosalie, and I’m bringing her around tomorrow.” Auntie Rose snarled in disgust. “I’ll be back later.”

And with that he sped away into the trees’ cover, and was gone from sight. Auntie Rose was also gone. “What was that?”

“Rosalie is mad at Edward for hurting you. You know how protective she is of you.” Dad said, wrapping an arm around shoulders protectively.

“But he didn’t actually hurt me, the car did!” I giggled, and my loving family joined in, the melodic laughs echoing around the cosy room. “And where is he going?”