Chapter Ten

Dedicated to HaileyDavis for her amazing comments! Love you baby!! xox

************

I whined, as I fluttered my eyelids, clearing my vision, as I woke up in what felt like a long time. Where was I? I am so confused.  “Daddy?” I questioned sleepily, as I cracked the sore bones around my body. I clawed at the tubes at my wrist and under my nose.

“Aye, careful!” I heard Dad’s voice comment, as he gently pushed me down, holding my hands still in his cool hands.

“Daddy, what happened?” I murmured, and I couldn’t help the dread that seeped into my tone.

“James, he’s dead.” He stated. “You’ve been out for nine days. But it figures, you had a lot of injuries; a cracked skull, spinal plates, a shattered wrist, a few ribs. It was agony Chloe—seeing you in that condition.” Dad whispered, as he kissed my forehead.

I looked at my surroundings. I was in the living room, at home, in a proper, uncomfortable hospital bed, with an IV and heart monitor attached to me. Pale sunlight streaming through the big glass window settled on my skin, sending my skin glowing beautifully—no scars, bruises, scratches. Nothing.

“Everyone is anxious to see you.” Dad said quietly, as footfalls bounded into the living room.

“Chloe.” Numerous voices breathed. My Mum gently wrapped me in a hug, as she kissed my nose repeatedly. Auntie Rose and Uncle Em embraced me next together, and Papa and Nana hugged me last.

“Where’s Bella and Uncle Edward?” I quizzed.

“Chloe.” Uncle Edward cried, as he materialised by my side and embraced me tightly. “I’m so sorry.”

“I’m fine.” I shrugged his apology off. “How’s Bella?! James bit her… is she…?” I asked quickly, panic-stricken.

“I’m fine.” A quiet voice said, I turned my head to the doorway, where a very human Bella stood, with a large cast on her left leg.

“But—what?” I asked, very confused at this point in time.

“Edward sucked the venom out, she’s been out of hospital for almost a week.” Carlisle smiled proudly at his adoptive son. I sighed in relief. Auntie Rose glared at Bella harshly, but Bella ignored it, as she walked towards my bed.

“I shouldn’t of taken you with me. You almost died.” Bella whispered, as she gently hugged me. I returned her warm hug—I was unfamiliar with her warm skin, I was accustomed with cold embraces.

“Damn straight you shouldn’t of, dragging Chloe into your problem. Nothing has ever happened to her before, until you came along.” Auntie Rose snarled, and I rolled my eyes and ignored it.

“If I didn’t come with you, you would’ve been even worse.” I pointed out, and Bella looked down regretfully. “Anyway, how bad am I?”

“You’re fine. You’re completely healed.” Nana grinned motherly, exposing her beautiful dimples, and I sighed in relief.