Chapter Twenty

I sat up quickly the next morning, as I suddenly awoke, and I could smell Alec’s strong scent—a gorgeous mix of honey and citrus—as if he had just been in my room only moments before. Geez, I’m smelling him everywhere I go…

I sighed heavily, and collapsed back down onto my pillows in a huff. I smiled faintly, as I thought about yesterday—It was one of the best days of my life. I had spent literally the entire day, just talking to Alec Volturi, and just getting to know him as a person, and not as a vicious member of the Volturi, and playfully mucking around with him in our meadow.

I slowly rolled over and stepped out of the gigantic warm bed, shivering violently when my warm feet touched the cold wooden panelling of my floor.

I quickly ran into my wardrobe and pulled on my thick winter robe, tying it at my slim waist in a small knot as I walked out of my walk in wardrobe. I carefully opened my brass door knob, and stepped out into the light hallway.

I immediately smelled frying bacon, and my heart took off at an even faster pace than usual. I sniffed once more with excitement, and flew down the stairs at enormous speed. I launched myself off the balcony gracefully, and slowly walked past numerous photo frames of my once-happy family. We were more that the Cullen Coven, or Olympian Clan, we were the Cullen family, and I wouldn’t trade that for the world—If only they were all here with me.

I stopped in the kitchen doorway silently. I searched the large kitchen, and an involuntarily enormous smile crept onto my plump pink lips, as I observed him soundlessly.

Alec stood in the rare beam of sunlight, sparkling beautifully like a humane diamond, as he hummed to himself quietly and melodically—he had a beautiful voice. The thin material of the plain white tee shirt he was currently wearing, was flexible and supple, exposing his lightly developed muscles as he moved his limbs gracefully—and I was basically drooling at how absolutely sexy, just the back of him looked.

I breathed in deeply and silently, as a ghostly breeze from the open window dishevelled his neat, shiny, milk chocolate brown hair, and when he raised one pale, lightly muscular arm to ruffle his hair neatly, I almost swooned, as my heart sped faster, constantly skipping beats.

“Good morning Chloe.” I basically heard him smiling, and I blushed a gentle, rosy pink, now knowing he knew I was watching him intensely the entire time.

“Good morning Alec.” I mimicked him captivatingly, as I quickly and gracefully pulled myself up onto the marble countertop, dangling my lean, suntanned legs over the edge.

Alec chuckled melodiously and sweetly, looking up from the large frying pan momentarily, cocking his head to the side adorably. But as our eyes made immediate contact, we both absolutely refused to look away; I studied every contour of his perfect angelic face, zoning over his lovely full, shell pink lips, my green eyes gliding over his deep burgundy eyes. I blushed a rosy pink, when my noisy belly rumbled, breaking our brief moment of affectionate staring, signalling that it needed to be fed quickly.

Alec giggled musically, but stopped wide-eyed, and I covered my mouth and giggled hysterically. “You just—You just giggled!”