Chapter Eighteen

*One Month Later*

Wow, this month has flown by so fast. I am really close with the wolves, especially Paul, and Emily is one of my closest friends. Jacob has grown on me, but he still irritates me to death. Bella has shown me around La Push, and the land is truly beautiful and interesting. I long to go cliff-diving, and Paul promised to take me very soon.

At the moment, I am hunting. Tonight, I have already drained an elk and two deer. I stalked my new prey, a big, muscular proud buck, watching him with my keen green eyes. As I pounce, I am knocked over, and then picked up just as quick and shoved against a thick tree trunk. Hm, the tree smells fresh and healthy. Wait, who pinned me to the tree?!

But I couldn’t see a thing. It was like, somebody cut off my senses… Oh no….

“Who are you? What are you?” An angelic male voice hissed at me.

“Who am I? Hm, maybe I’ll tell you sometime, Alec Volturi, when you stop using your gift on me.” I hissed aggressively, in my melodic voice. What on earth was a high-ranking Volturi member doing in Forks?

“How do you know who I am?” He hissed at me, with shock, curiosity and outrage etched into his cold tone, as I felt his cool, sweet breath on my neck. I shivered, at the impact of the coolness on my hot skin.

“I think everyone in the vampire world knows who you are.” I point out, still blind, but not senseless. Being this close to him, I could smell honey and citrus— the fragrance of his scent. Perhaps orange or lemon? Either way, he smelled scrumptious. …Scrumptious, what on earth is wrong with me?

“Who are you?” Alec hissed, as his fingers dig deeper into my neck. I whimper, as he cut off my shortened air supply.

“I-I’m Chloe Hale, part of the Cullen Clan, and daughter to Jasper Hale and Alice Cullen. I am half-mortal, half-vampire—a dhampir, and I hunt animals, but I can eat regular human food. Unfortunately, you caught me while I was catching my dinner.”

Slowly, I regain my vision. I flutter my eyelids to clear my sight, and being this close to him, my lips were mere millimetres away from his own full lips—I could easily kiss him. He drops me quickly, and steps away, into the darkness. “Alec?” I call quietly, from my own shadows. I know for a fact he is there, he hasn’t bolted away. I can smell him.

We are both standing in darkness, with a patch of bright moonlight in between us. Slowly, Alec’s 5’7 figure steps into the moonlight. He was wearing a black suit, with a red button up shirt, and a flowing black tie, and a soft black cloak over the top of the outfit, as he gently throws back his hood. In the moonlight, his Volturi pendent gleamed silver. I gasped quietly. His chiselled, angelic face was beautiful, his full pink lips, were perfect and kissable. His hair was a beautiful shiny, milk chocolate colour, covering his forehead, nipping at his eyebrows and the nape of his neck. I saved a look of his eyes for last. I slowly lowered my gaze to his eyes, and found myself silent and astonished. His glorious eyes were a deep, burgundy red and framed with thick, long black lashes—a wonderful standout on his lovely face. My knees turned to jelly, and I felt faint.

 He was too beautiful.

*Alec’s POV*

As I stepped into the only patch of moonlight slowly, I throw back my hood gently, and hear a light intake of breath, as she studies my features. Chloe’s beautiful melodic voice spoke in gentle peals of bells, but her herself, irritated me. The burn in my throat increased, as I breathed in her glorious vampire scent—a gorgeous, mouth-watering smell of honey and green apples. But her human scent, oh lord. Her blood, was so sweet, so sensational, I was craving it more than ever. I had never wanted one’s blood so much, to feel it rushing over my sensitive taste buds, to feel it running down my parched throat. I bit the inside of my mouth and locked my muscles to keep from pouncing on her and draining her dry—it was a new sensation for me.

“You can see me, isn’t it only fair that I see you?” I query, smirking. I hear her shaky intake of breath, as she steps into the moonlight. I stopped breathing.

She… she looked…well she was ravishing. She was tiny, only standing about 5’2, but her figure was thin, but she was still decently curvy and greatly developed. She was wearing short white denim shorts, and her lean tan legs stood perfect, her small feet were standing in high sky blue wedges; making her appear much taller than she actually was. She was wearing a midriff sky blue jacket displaying her flat bronzed stomach, and her long, wavy, dark brown hair, fell in a chocolate waterfall over her shoulders, and down her back, stopping at her waist. The natural golden brown highlights were sensational.

I studied her lovely face. Her perfect plump, shell pink lips, pulled into a shy smile, exposing a perfect pair of straight white teeth, and a pair of adorable dimples. Her nose was straight and proud, and a light pink blush spread her cheeks naturally, highlighting her high cheekbones. Her eyes, oh her eyes, were big, and green, so green, framed in thick, long black lashes, brushing her cheek as she coyly looked down.

“What are you doing here? In Forks?” Chloe asked, in a musical voice, as she studied my face curiously.

I paused. “I am studying a disturbance. I’m sorry for trespassing on your territory. I’ll only be here for a month.” I said calmly and professional-like.

“Have you… have you anywhere to stay?” She asked me carefully.

“Well….not yet.” I stated reluctantly.

“Well….you could stay at my house, for the month, I mean it is big, and yeah….” Chloe broke off, and I was confused to say, I wanted to continue listening to her bell-like voice.

I nodded politely. “That’d be lovely, thank you.” She nodded, gracing me with a stunning smile, and took off. I decided to follow her, as she obviously meant me to. We soon came to a huge white modern mansion. My mouth slightly fell open, causing her to giggle. Wow, the Cullen’s were loaded, big time.

“Well, come on.” She pulled my hand hesitantly with her hot little hands, leading me into the luxurious house invitingly. It was an amazing structure. The Cullen’s scent was barely there, but still was noticeable enough to mark their territory. Chloe’s sweet scent masked the house’s numerous rooms. Chloe led me to a bedroom upstairs, with a large variety of CD’s and a large glass window. “Please make yourself at home, feel free to…explore and….stuff. Well, I’m half human, so I am going to sleep. I’ll…see you in the morning?”

I nodded at her, and faintly smiled, as she ran elegantly to her own bedroom, as quick as lightning, leaving me to my thoughts, as I heard Chloe’s bedroom door close softly.

******

Now you shall know who her mate shall be :p

Vote, Comment, Fan, Follow

Love xox