7. Her Thoughts✔

Next Morning, Mehta House

Nidhi was sitting in the living room and waiting for her parents to come. The family was leaving for Ahmadabad today. To pass her time, she picked up the newspaper to find an interesting piece of news.

 To pass her time, she picked up the newspaper to find an interesting piece of news

She reads the article and smiles. Since no one was aware of the girl with whom Ajay Mehra had got engaged to, she was mentioned as soon-to-be Mrs Ajay Mehra. The name gave her a strange satisfaction. She felt happy. 

Her parents enter the room and are shown the article. They smile and tell her lovingly, "Get used to this." She nods and thinks, "Being known to the world by his name is the best thing that could happen to me.

The Mehtas leave for Ahmadabad.

~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~ 

While Nidhi was enjoying the new phase of her life, Ajay was feeling irritated. His anger was increasing every passing second. He could not concentrate on his work as people kept on calling to congratulate him for his engagement. The engagement ring was thrown in some corner of his room. He did not know where and did not bother to find. For him, it was just a waste of time.

~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~  

Nidhi's POV 

It has been almost forty days since our engagement. Twenty days left for our wedding. The preparations have started. After ten days, we will be leaving for Delhi. I am nervous like hell. Getting married means taking responsibilities. Being the only child, I have always been pampered by my parents. But there, I will be someone's daughter-in-law, someone's sister-in-law and someone's wife. I will have lots of responsibilities. It will be a tough journey to their hearts. I don't know what will I do? Will I be a good wife? A good daughter-in-law? What if I fail? What if I disappoint them? So many questions....

In these forty days, I called Ajay many times. We talked very less. Every time, he tells me that he is busy and will call later. He does call me but talks very less. I guess he is not a very talkative person. I have talked to my mother-in-law also. She is a very sweet person. She keeps telling me about the family members. She tells me about Ajay's childhood. How he and Rahul used to trouble everyone, how they both could never stay quiet. She even gave me his childhood pictures.

And Rahul. He call me almost daily. He will call me before his exam. "Bhabhi, wish me luck." He will call me after his exam. "I did well. Appreciate me." He will call me every morning, telling me Ajay's plan for the day and the time at which I can call him. He seems to be like a small kid, who wishes to be pampered.

My phone is ringing. It is Rahul.

"Hello devar ji."

Rahul - "Hello bhabhi. How are you? Thinking about bhai?"

See. He can never control his tongue. Always teasing.

"I am good. How are you?"

Rahul - "I am also good. But why didn't you answer my second question? Feeling shy?"

"Rahul."

Rahul - "Got it."

"Good."

Rahul - "Can I ask something?"

"Of course."

Rahul - "Do I irritate by calling multiple times in a day?"

"I am your bhabhi, Rahul. You have every right to trouble me. And if it still troubles you, then remember, bhabhi is equal to mother. And a child can never irritate his mother. And devar-bhabhi are best friends also. Got it?"

Rahul - "Got it. Now, wish me luck. Today is my last exam."

"Best of luck and do well."

Rahul - "Bye bhabhi."

"Bye."

The call was cut. I smiled at his innocence. I really feel like he is my son. But I also feel that he has something hidden in his heart, something which he does not share.

I will know it soon. I can't wait Ajay. I can't wait to marry you. I can't wait to be known as Mrs. Nidhi Ajay Mehra. I can't wait to start a new life with you. I can't wait to fall in love with you.....

______________________________

So, how is it?

~Purnima