12. The Party✔

The reporters all turned towards Ajay and Nidhi, who were the talk of the town. Rahul helped both of them to escape from their questions.

As they entered the venue, Nidhi realizes that it was the first time she was attending a business party.

Ajay said to his wife and his brother, "We should first find Mr. Mittal. It's his party after all." Rahul and Nidhi followed Ajay to Mr. Mittal. 

Mr. Mittal, an old man of about sixty years, greeted them, "Ah! Ajay, I thought you won't be able to make it." Ajay shook his head and said, "How is that even possible? It's your party after all."

Mr. Mittal said teasingly, "I thought you must have left for your honeymoon." Ajay smiled and introduced Nidhi and Rahul to him. Mr. Mittal looked at Rahul and said, "I can see another Ajay Mehra in making."

Ajay patted Rahul's back and said, "He will be the first Rahul Mehra."

Nidhi smiled. She could see the spark in Ajay's eyes. She felt his love for his brother. Their bond was something she had always wished for. Ajay cared for Rahul as a father does for his son and Rahul looked at Ajay with the same respect he has for his father or maybe more.

Mr. Mittal left them to enjoy themselves. After introducing Nidhi to a bunch of people, Ajay told her to talk to the ladies, while he and Rahul talked to the businessmen.

An hour later

Nothing could have bored Nidhi like the company of those ladies did. They were talking about fashion, jewelry and gossiping. With every passing minute, her patience was going down. She was looking around for Ajay or Rahul. Finally, she saw Ajay.

He was standing a little far away from her and was talking to a girl. It would be better to say that the girl was forcing him to talk to her. Ajay looked more irritated than ever. It seemed as if he wanted to run away. Nidhi excused herself and went to rescue her husband.

Nidhi said to the girl, "Hello."

Girl as if disturbed, said, "Hello." And then, continued talking to Ajay, "I was saying that...." Nidhi introduced herself "I am Nidhi Ajay Mehra."

It was as if someone had poured cold water upon her. The girl ran away from there as quickly as possible. Nidhi smirked.

Ajay sighed and said,  "What the hell was that?" Nidhi said in a low voice, "I thought you were not enjoying her company. So I...."

Ajay shook his head and said, "I was talking about her. Her company was just.... Thank you for rescuing me."

Nidhi smiled at him. Ajay nodded and once again left her alone. "At least he talked... I think there is something else which is stopping him. It's not about any girl or heir. I need to be patient," thought Nidhi.

Suddenly, a man approached her. "Can I have a dance?" he asked. He looked at her from top to bottom, eyeing her disgustingly. Nidhi felt the urge to hide herself from him. She refused his offer and left from there. But to her horror, he followed her. She frantically searched for Ajay or Rahul, when she saw Ajay going outside the venue, talking on his phone. She hurried after him.

Outside the venue

Before Nidhi could find Ajay, that man came and pulled her to himself. She tried to push him but he was way too strong. She screamed and hit him on his chest. She felt disgusted being touched by him. He was trying to force himself upon her. She was falling weak. But she fought, more than she could.

Ajay had received a call from his PA, who informed him about the meeting next morning. He had left the venue to attend the call. When he came back, he saw a man trying to force himself upon Nidhi. He saw her screaming in protest. He pulled the man with force and hit him on his jaw.

Ajay screamed, "HOW DARE YOU TOUCH HER?"

The man saw his death in front of him. He ran away from there. Ajay looked at Nidhi. He held her by her upper arms and helped her get up.

Nidhi was crying hysterically and said, "Please don't hate me. Please. I don't know him. He was after me. When I saw you coming out, I came after you. But before that, he came and...it's not my fault. Please don't hate me."

Ajay said soothingly, "Why will I hate you? I know...."

But she was not ready to listen to him. She continued crying and blabbering, "You already hate me. Now, you will hate me more. Please believe me. It's not my fault."

Ajay tried to intervene, "Nidhi..." but Nidhi was in no mood to listen. She continued, "I don't know him. I never called him. Please...."

"LISTEN TO ME," Ajay shouted. Nidhi stopped moving and looked at him with tears in her eyes. Ajay sighed and said, "I don't hate you. I just can't accept you as my wife. And what happened today was not your fault. You were not wrong in this. It was their mistake. And I will make sure that they pay for it."

He gritted his teeth in anger and determination.

Nidhi looked at him and hugged him. Ajay took a deep breath to calm himself and messaged Rahul to come outside.

___________________________

So, how is it?

~Purnima