28. Epilogue✔

Seven Years Later

Mehra Mansion, Garden, 11 PM

Ajay was pacing around the garden, waiting for his wife. With every passing minute, his patience was decreasing.

Ajay thought, "Why does she take so much time? Not at all punctual. One must value time. But no. Look at this woman. God knows what she is doing."

At that very moment, Nidhi came into the garden.

Ajay asked her, "Where were you? I am waiting since half an hour. You have no value of time."

Nidhi replied angrily, "Oh please. This is not your business meeting that everything has to be according to time. Do you know how difficult it was to come here? With Anjali and Rahul teasing me. That to in front of everyone. Couldn't we talk in our room. Why do you want us to meet like thieves? We are a couple and not criminals? It would have been so easy to meet in the room. No one would trouble me. But no my husband wants to play hide and seek with the family. You....."

She could not speak further as Ajay had sealed her lips with his. He kissed her pouring all his love. They broke the kiss after a minute or so. Ajay continued to kiss her neck, biting occasionally.

Nidhi stammered, "Ajay..what ar..are..you do...doing? St..stop...some one will see....see us."

Ajay looked at her and pulled her to himself, holding her by the waist. "You are my legally wedded wife. I married you in front of everyone with their permission, following all the rituals. I did not elope with you that I should fear anyone."

Nidhi asked teasingly "With permission? Or under pressure? Don't forget Mr. Ajay Mehra that you married me because your father forced you."

FLASHBACK

The Mehra family(less Nidhi, Anjali and the kids) was sitting in the living room.

Ajay spoke immediately, "Dad, I don't want to marry right now. And not this girl. She is so shy and....No dad, I can not marry her."

Vijay spoke in a determined voice, "This is my final decision. You will marry Nidhi only. I have given my word to her father. And even she is ready for this marriage. I am not going to break an innocent child's heart."

Ajay started to speak, "Dad, but...." He was stopped by his father, who said, "If you don't marry her, then....then you will see my dead face."

Everyone was shocked.

Ajay reluctantly agreed, "Okay Dad. You win. I will marry her." Vijay smiled.

FLASHBACK ENDS

Nidhi spoke sadly, "You were so rude after our marriage. I have never seen someone ruder than you."

Ajay apologized, "I am sorry jaan. I was an idiot then. Always bossing around. And claiming that you have no importance in my life. Then you went to your father's place for a week and I realised that I was nothing without you."

FLASHBACK

Rahul was banging on Ajay's room door early morning. A sleepy Ajay opens the door and asks, "What happened, Rahul? Why do you want to break the door? Let me sleep." "Sleep. You want to sleep? Look at the clock. We have a meeting in an hour. We should have left by now," said Rahul.

Ajay looked at the clock. Rahul was right. Today, they had an early morning meeting. Since it was an important one, Ajay had asked Rahul to accompany him.

He immediately went to the washroom and somehow got ready within fifteen minutes. But the biggest problem was waiting for him. He could not find an important file. Without the file, the meeting could not happen. He searched and searched but no use.

Ajay thought to himself, "Aahhhh! If Nidhi would have been here, she would have known where the file is."

Finally, Rahul called Ajay's PA and postponed the meeting for the afternoon. The whole house was searched and the file was found in the study room. "How could you be so careless Bhai? The file was in your study room and you did not know?" asked a shocked Rahul.

Ajay was wondering the same thing. Nidhi had spoiled his habit of remembering things.

FLASHBACK ENDS

Nidhi chuckled and said, "And this is why you never allowed me to go to my maternal home. And in case there is an emergency and I have to go, you make sure you have no important meeting in my absence."

Ajay grinned. He tried to kiss her again but she pushed him and created some space between them, saying, "But Mr. Mehra, you have not proposed me yet."

"Is that so, Mrs. Mehra? Okay," said Ajay. He goes down on his knees and shouts, "I love you, Nidhi. I love you."

The entire Mehra family, which was sitting in the living room, rush to the garden. They find Ajay, sitting on his knees looking into Nidhi's eyes. Rahul whistled, drawing the couples attention to them. Feeling shy, Nidhi rushed into the the house while Ajay grinned innocently.

Half an hour later, Ajay-Nidhi's Room

Nidhi was continuously hitting Ajay on his chest, who was laughing. At last, she gave up. Ajay chuckled and held her close to himself.

Drawing patterns on his chest, Nidhi asked Ajay, "Ajay, don't you think we should give Adi a sibling?"

Ajay replied immediately, "No." Shocked with his reply, Nidhi asked him, "But why?"

Ajay said, "You don't know, Nidhi. When you were in that labour room and going through all that pain, I....I can't tell you what I felt. I don't want you to go through that pain again."

Nidhi looked at him with a smile. She rest her head on his chest. They were lost into each other, remembering their moments of happiness and togetherness. 

_______________________________

The story ends. Want to know about Rahul? Read my my other story Love Always Wins. 

Do share your views.

~Purnima