23. Be The Key To My Heart✔

Same Day, 7 PM

A car stops in front of the Mehra Mansion. Ajay gets down. He is dressed formally, though his expressions show some pain. He messages Nidhi to come outside and waits for her patiently.

Nidhi arrives fifteen minutes later, wearing a red gown and no makeup or jewellery

Ajay is lost in her beauty

Ajay is lost in her beauty. He keeps on looking at her making her blush harder. "Ajay. Umm..Ajay..." Ajay comes out of his thoughts and says, "You are late." He showed her his watch. She holds her ears and whispers a sweet sorry. Ajay smiles at her innocent gesture. Nidhi finds some dullness in his behaviour. "Are you fine?" she asked him. She touches his forehead gently and continues, "You are burning, Ajay."

Ajay was in no mood to listen, "Leave it. Let's go." "No. We are not going anywhere. You are coming inside and resting," said Nidhi.

Ajay whispered, "But....." He was interrupted by Nidhi, "No but. You are coming inside with me." Ajay sighed. He was very much excited for the date. Nidhi realized his feelings. She cupped his face and said, "We can have a date in our room also." Ajay looked at her excited. The couple hurried back to their room. Nidhi told him, "I will get the food." Ajay nodded. As Nidhi left the room, he called the servants and got the arrangement done in the balcony. 

Soon, the couple is seated with food served in the plates

Nidhi asked, "So, what do we do now?" "Talk..." was Ajay's reply.

Nidhi asked again, "About?" Ajay whispered "You..." Nidhi stared at him, not understanding what he meant. Ajay looked into her eyes, "You look beautiful." Nidhi blushed while Ajay continued, "Why are you so beautiful? So good? So caring?"

Instead of answering his question, Nidhi feeds him. He too follows her suit and asked her, "Why don't you hate me, Nidhi?"

Nidhi looked at him to find pain in his eyes. Her heart broke seeing his pain. She kept her hand over his. Ajay held it and placed small kisses on her hand and fingers. Nidhi blushed harder. She could feel butterflies in her stomach. Ajay looked at her. His eyes were asking numerous questions.

Nidhi spoke, "First tell me, why are you like this? Why have you locked yourself from the world?" "Because I thought that relationships are useless. They are a failure. You saw how uncle-aunty fought that day. This time you were there. You handled Rahul. Otherwise, he locks himself in his room for hours. And no one cares. So many times, I tried.....," said Ajay.

"But could not control my anger. Right?" said Nidhi. Ajay nodded and she continued, "He needs love, Ajay. And I promise to give him that. He is like my child, my younger brother. And relationships are not a failure. Look at your parents. And even uncle-aunty. Had their relationship been a failure, they wouldn't have stopped that day after seeing Rohit and Reeta. Had their relationship been a failure, they wouldn't have stayed together for these many years."

Ajay looked at her. He knew she was saying the truth. He had tears in her eyes. Nidhi spoke again, "Everything will be fine Ajay. They just need someone to read the, like an open book. To make them realise their mistakes and the love they have for each other."

Ajay nodded his head. Nidhi said, "Don't lock yourself Ajay. Don't lock your heart."

Ajay replied, "Be the key to my heart."

___________________________________

So, how is the chapter?

What will Nidhi say? 

~Purnima