14. Suspicion✔

A week had passed since the incident. There was no change in Ajay's behaviour. He still did not allow Nidhi to sleep on his bed. Nidhi had placed her clothes in the closet so that no one suspects anything. He did not talk to her. But now, there was a change. Earlier, this behaviour had hurt Nidhi but not any more. She was ready to wait patiently and take slow steps.

In this one week, Nidhi has asked Rahul everything she wanted to know about Ajay. This had even aroused his suspicion.

Flashback

Nidhi and Rahul were sitting in the garden, talking about Ajay. Nidhi has been asking everything she could think. Suddenly, Rahul asked, "Bhabhi, is everything fine between you and Bhai?"

Rahul's question startled Nidhi. She was not expecting such a question from him. "Of course, Rahul. Why do you ask?" said Nidhi.

Rahul asked her again, "Why am I answering your questions instead of Bhai?"We had an arranged marriage, Rahul. It is not easy for us. We have to make efforts," said Nidhi that this interview would end.

Rahul said in a low voice, "Why are you the only one making efforts? I don't see Bhai doing anything."It's not so Rahul...," said Nidhi.

Rahul replied, "Do you think I don't see anything? Every morning, you prepare breakfast and look at him, expecting a word of appreciation. But he ignores you. Every night, you wait for him, no matter how late it is. And he never acknowledges it. You know his schedule better than him. You know which file he will need, at what time of the day, and where it is kept. And he is least bothered."

Nidhi looks at Rahul astonished. Whatever he said was true. Ajay had almost ignored her in this one week. But she could not let Rahul know this. "It's not so Rahul. He is not very expressive. You know that."

Rahul looked at Nidhi, clearly knowing what she said was a lie. But still, he said nothing.

Flashback ends

Nidhi knew asking anything more from Rahul meant answering more questions. So, she stopped doing that.

There were times when she wanted to confront Ajay, scream at him, ask him his reasons, but she controlled her heart. She hoped that soon she will know the reason for his behaviour. That she will be able to help him. That he will love her like she loved him.

But something else was written in their destiny............

_________________________________

So how is it?

~Purnima