22. I Will Change His Opinion✔

Next Morning 

Nidhi woke up in the morning. She tried to get up but couldn't. Ajay was holding her tightly. She remembered previous nights events. Her heart ached as she remembered Ajay's broken state. She looked at his face. He was sleeping peacefully. She looked at the clock. It was seven thirty in the morning. She panicked. "Ajay...wake up. It's seven thirty. We have to go downstairs. Wake up, Ajay."

She tried to wake him up but he snuggled more into her. She was loving the way he held her. But this was not the time to do this. In an attempt to wake him up, she patted his back. Ajay woke up with a start, "What happened?"

Nidhi said, "It's seven thirty. Leave me. I need to get fresh." Ajay looked at the clock. His eyes widened in shock. He immediately let Nidhi go but not before placing another chaste kiss on her forehead. 

Half an hour later

Nidhi and Ajay walked into the dining room to find everyone waiting for them. 

Nidhi said to Mala, "Sorry Maa, I woke up late today." Mala spoke lovingly, "No problem dear. Come and have breakfast."

The couple sat down to eat with the family. It was after days, Ajay was eating so peacefully. Nidhi felt happy to see his relaxed face. As they finished eating, Ajay whispered to her, "Come to our room soon, please." Saying so, he and everyone else left. She gave quick instructions to the servants and hurried towards Ajay's room.

Ajay's Room

Nidhi enters the room to find Ajay all ready for office, pacing around. He looks at her nervously.

Nidhi asked him, "What did you want Ajay?" Ajay looks at nervously, as if thinking how to say. Finally, he took a deep breath and asked, "Will you go on a date with me, tonight?"

Nidhi gasps. Never in her dreams had she expected Ajay to ask her such a question. She looked at him. His eyes were closed, as if he was afraid of her response.

"Yes," said Nidhi. Ajay opens his eyes in shock. He had expected a no. He heaved a sigh of relief and said, "I will pick you up at sharp 7 PM."

Saying so, Ajay kissed her forehead and whispered a bye. He left the room. Nidhi followed him till the car. 

As she came back to the room, she realised that she had to choose a perfect outfit for the date. "What should I wear? I should have asked him naa. I am the biggest idiot. What should I do?" She walks to and fro, when she notices a packet on the bed. It had a note from Ajay - Wear it tonight.

She opened it and smiled on finding a perfect outfit for the evening. As her problem get solved, she hurries to Mala to inform her about the plans.

Mala's Room

Nidhi enters the room to find Mala resting. She said excitedly, "Maa. Do you know what happened today?" Mala looks at her and gestures her to sit. "I don't know what happened today. But I know that something happened yesterday."

Nidhi narrates the events of the previous night. "Finally, he got some brain. And what happened today?" said Mala. "He is taking me on a date," was Nidhi's reply. 

"Don't you think you should not share these things with your mother-in-law?" Mala looked at Nidhi teasingly. "I am not. I am sharing with my mother," replied Nidhi. Mala hugs her lovingly and says, "You were right that day. Ajay saw Rahul getting hurt by Nandini and Dilip's behaviour. He saw them drifting apart. He thought love and marriage are useless things. They break people and make them weak."

Nidhi said with determination, "Don't worry, Maa. I will change his opinion." "Just remember not to get hurt," said Mala. Nidhi nods. 

The day passes without any further event.

_____________________________________

So, how is it?

They are going on a date. Any idea what will happen? Do share your ideas. 

What do you think will happen now?

Don't forget to take part in the contest. Check my message board for more information.

~Purnima