20. Trip Down Memory Lane✔

I forgot to inform you guys one thing. As already told in the last chapter, Ajay got himself inked on his spine, which, according to my search results, is the most painful place to get yourself inked.

___________________________________

Flashback 

It was a normal evening in the Mehra Mansion. Everything was calm, when suddenly loud voices could be heard from Dilip and Nandini's room. The couple were in midst of a heated argument. It came as a shock to Nidhi. She looked at Mala. Mala sighed. The family was used to this. There was just one thing that troubled everyone. Unlike the previous times, Rohit and Reeta were present in the house. They had never seen or heard their parents fight. It was a shock for them. They pulled Rahul with themselves and ran to their parents room and knocked the door. Everyone else followed them. 

The door opened. On seeing the panic-stricken face of Rohit and Reeta, Nandini pulled them into a hug, while Dilip left the room. Rahul looked expectantly at his mother, waiting for her to hug him but she ignored him. Reeta said,"Mom, Rahul Bhai is also there?"Your Bhai has now grown up. He can take care of himself.Saying so, Nandini took the twins inside the room. 

Rahul's face dropped on hearing his mother's words. He moved to his room and locked it from inside. Mala looked at Nandini in anger and sighed in despair. Nidhi looked at everyone and ran to Rahul's room. She knocked the door and said, "Rahul, open the door. Rahul."

Nothing happened. Ajay said, "Leave him alone, Nidhi."

Nidhi looked at Ajay and continued knocking the door. Finally, Rahul opened the door. Nidhi entered the room and closed(not locked) it again. She looked at Rahul's face. He had been crying. Nidhi hugged him. She sat on the bed and made him keep his head in her lap. She hummed a lullaby for him and patted his head. Rahul drifted into sleep. 

Mala and Ajay entered the room. They looked at Rahul lovingly and thanked Nidhi. Nidhi just smiled. 

Later in the night, she woke up Rahul and fed him lovingly. She put him to sleep again. That night, Ajay and Nidhi stayed with Rahul. 

Nidhi spent the entire next day with Rahul. Her presence made him feel loved. Later that day, Nidhi went to Mala and asked her about the previous day's incident.

Mala told her"Nandini had made a huge contribution to the Mehra Industries. But when Rohit and Reeta were born, Dilip asked her to quit business. This had hurt her. They have been fighting like this since then. Always caring about the twins but ignoring Rahul." "Is this the reason why Ajay detests relationships..." asked Nidhi uncertainly.

Before Mala could say anything, Ajay screamed, "Who the hell gave you the right to question my likes and dislikes?Nidhi turned around and looked at Ajay, shocked. She began,"Ajay...."

"What Ajay? Who gave you that right?" asked Ajay. Nidhi spoke with determination, "I am your wife, Ajay. You like it or you don't.Ajay screamed again, "You are no one to me. Get this inside your brain. You are no one to me."

Saying so, Ajay went to his room. Nidhi hurried behind him. 

Nidhi spoke angrily, "What is wrong with you? I understand you need time to accept me but....." "No. I don't need time to accept you. Because that will never happen," said Ajay.

Nidhi lost her confidence. She asked him, "What happened after that party...what was that? I thought...."I would have done that for anyone," was Ajay's reply. 

Losing all her patience, Nidhi too raised her voice, "Then why did you marry me?"

Ajay asked her back,"Why did you marry me? For money? Haan? That's why you agreed so easily. You are just a gold digger. I know you well. And what do you think, I married you out of love? What have you got? Simply nothing. Huh?"

His words broke her already broken heart. She rushed outside the room, feeling cheated and insulted. She decided to talk to her Mother-in-law, the next day and inform her about her decision for divorce.

Flashback ends

Ajay thought, "You have got everything I need. I was blind to not see it then. Please come back to me. I need you and your love."

He sat there, holding his knees close to himself, and cried his heart out.

__________________________________

So, how is it?

What do you think about Ajay? And about Nidhi's decision?

Any more questions?

Do share your views. 

~Purnima