10. The Day After Wedding✔

Ajay enters his room to find Nidhi sitting on the couch and reading a magazine. The black designer saree was complimenting her fair skin. She was looking damn sexy to his eyes. He moved towards her in slow steps, unbuttoning his coat simultaneously. Nidhi raised​ her head and gave him a smile. She kept down her magazine and stood up. Ajay stood in front of her and looked into her eyes. His right hand crept on her bare waist and he yanked her to himself. Holding her face in his left hand, he pulled her into a kiss. He sucked her lips and bit them. He pinched Nidhi's waist with his right hand. She gasped and taking opportunity of this, he moved his tongue​ inside her mouth.

They broke the kiss gasping for oxygen. Ajay moved to her neck, kissing and biting. Nidhi moaned, her hands moving over Ajay's hairs, pulling him to herself. Ajay straightened up and was about to pick her up in his arms, when

.

.

.

.

.

.

Wake up Wake up Wake up

Ajay woke up and silenced his alarm. He got up and looked around the room to find Nidhi sleeping on the couch. He realised that he was romancing his wife in his dreams. He thinks, "What the hell was I dreaming? How can I...how can I think about women? Get a grip, Ajay. She is no one to you." He looks at Nidhi. Her tear-stained face pierced his heart. He feels guilty and wants to wake her up to apologise. Instead, he leaves the bed and goes to the washroom. As he locked the door, Nidhi sat up. Her eyes were red from crying and staying awake for the entire night. She kept thinking about Ajay's words from the previous night, "Why? If he did not wish to get married, then why did he marry me? What was the need to destroy my life? Should I call Papa? No, he would feel so bad for failing in finding a perfect partner for me. No, I should not involve anyone else. But still why did he marry me? For a heir? Is this true? This is what he wants? A child. An heir​."

While Nidhi was busy contemplating about Ajay's​ behaviour, Ajay entered the room with a towel wrapped around his waist. The closing of the door caught her attention and she shrieked.

Ajay spoke rudely, "What? Don't glare at me. This is my room. I can walk around in a towel or even without it. You don't​ exist for me."

His last words pierced her heart. She immediately rushed towards the washroom to avoid breaking down in front of him. Before she closed the washroom door, Ajay got a glimpse of her face. Red and puffy eyes, tearstained face, quivering lips and gloomy expression. He again felt a sharp pain in his heart, feeling guilty for her tears. He immediately shook away the feeling and went to the walk-in closet to get ready.

Nidhi's POV

Why? Why did he marry me? Why does he hate me? Am I no one to him? He doesn't want to share his bed with me, why did he agree to share his life? Why? Is he in love with some else? Have I spoiled his love life? Did he marry me for my body? Did he marry me to get an heir from me?

I cannot even complain to any one. Marriage is not a small thing. It binds two families together. If I tell anyone, it might destroy the relation between our families. I need to stay strong and fight. Yes, I am my father's strong girl. I will not lose so easily. I will change his thinking. The Almighty has tied us in this relation for a reason.

Get ready Mr. Ajay Mehra for the toughest fight of your life.

Dining Room(Third Person's POV)

Everyone was sitting at the dining table, waiting for the breakfast. The breakfast was supposed to be special as the daughter-in-law of the house was supposed to make it. It was Nidhi's first day in the Mehra Mansion. She had taken the responsibility of preparing breakfast for everyone in the family. Both, Mala and Nandini, had offered to help but she had politely refused. She wanted to take care of her family on her own. 

Ajay entered the room and sat down next to Rahul. Looking around, he notices that the breakfast has not been served yet. He gets angry and is about to say something, when Rahul whispers to him, "Today, bhabhi is making the breakfast." Ajay's irritation increases and he is about to get up when Nidhi enters along with the servants, all of them carrying trays of food. He thinks, "Now, she will show off her cooking skills. Oh God! She has time for all these useless things. I just hate her."

The breakfast was served on the table. Everyone's mouth watered. On the table was, Dal Kachori and Aloo ki Sabji, Paneer Toasty and Jalebis.

Reeta looked at the mouth-watering food and asked, "Bhabhi, you made all this?"

Nidhi nodded. She looked at Ajay. His face was expressionless. She had followed the traditional saying - 'The way to a man's heart passes through his stomach.' She wanted to impress the only man she had loved. She wanted him to give their relation a chance. She waited for his approval.

Mala smiled at her daughter-in-law and said, "Sit Nidhi. And serve yourself." Nidhi nodded and sat next to her husband. She served everyone and herself. They started eating.

Rahul moaned, "Mmmm..bhabhi, this is so tasty." "Yes...Bhabhi," added Rohit.

Ajay could not help but agree with his brothers. The food was exceptionally tasty. He had to make an effort to stop himself from licking his fingers. "She cooks better than Mom. This kachori is so tasty. And this jalebi. Oh!!!! She will make me fat if she continues to cook such delicious food," thought Ajay.  Despite liking the food, Ajay did not show it on his face. Nidhi was disappointed to see his expressionless face. She thinks, "Did he not like the breakfast? Was it too heavy?"

Her thoughts are interrupted by Mala, who praises her cooking skills. Everyone gifts her something or the other. And then, Vijay drops the bomb, "Ajay, today you and Nidhi will be going for Mr. Mittal's party."

Ajay looks at his father. At first, he wanted to refuse but then, thinking about something he nodded. "It's good. If she will be there with me, the girls won't trouble me much."

Nidhi was shocked. She expected Ajay to refuse taking her. It confirmed her fear. If Ajay can introduce her as his wife, then he cannot be in love with someone else. Her heart sank as she realised that her husband had married her only for an heir.

Vijay, Dilip and Ajay left for their office.

Living Room

Mala, Nandini, Nidhi, Rahul and the twins were sitting comfortably. Rahul looked at his sister-in-law and said, "Come bhabhi, let's find an appropriate dress for you."

Nidhi asked uncertainly, "I should wear a saree, no?" Her question was answered by Nandini, "No. You will feel odd man out in the saree. I would suggest a gown for you. Reeta, take your bhabhi to the mall and get something appropriate for her."

Rahul whined, "But I wanted to help her." Nandini reprimanded him, "Stop behaving like a kid, Rahul. Reeta has more fashion sense than you."Rahul's face saddened. Unable to see this, Nidhi said, "Why don't you drive us to the mall, Rahul?"

Rahul gave her a bright smile. Mala looked at Nidhi and then at Nandini. She gave Nidhi a proud smile. "What will I do?" asked Rohit.

Mala replied "Clean your room. Reeta has already done that. So, she can go. But not you dear child." Rohit said arrogantly, "But anyone can do that. I mean...."

Nandini shook her head and said, "Never depend on anyone to do your work. Don't exercise. Don't do dieting. Just do your daily chores yourself. It will be enough to keep you healthy. Now, go and start cleaning. And you three, get ready to leave."

Everyone left the room, leaving Rahul and Nidhi alone.

Nidhi said,"Rahul, help me find a perfect dress to impress your brother." Rahul grinned. "Don't worry bhabhi. You will look so beautiful that bhai will cancel going in the party," said Rahul.

Nidhi blushed. Both of them went to their respective rooms.

__________________________________________

So, how is it?

~Purnima