Chapter 4

After being ambushed and forced into signing some sort of contract about stage-dating James we decided to go grab coffee. It wasn't like I didn't like James, I had nothing against him and I'm sure he was a nice guy but I didn't want to 'date' him because I didn't know him. Fake dating someone was something I never thought I would have to do and I had no idea what it actually entailed and what we'd actuall have to do to make it look like we we were dating.

"So..." James sighed sitting down across from me at Starbucks but neither of us had really said anything since we left the office.

"So..." I shrugged. "How awkward do you feel about this?"

"Incredibly so," he chuckled slightly. "God why would they just force us to do this?"

"Because apparently it's better for our careers," I rolled my eyes playing with the lid of my coffee cup.

"Yeah exactly," he nodded agreeing. "So how are we going to do this?"

"Do what?" I asked looking up at him.

"Do this whole fake-dating thing," I laughed slightly.

"Oh I dunno," I shrugged casually because I hadn't really thought about what we were actually going to have to do.

"Well we probably need to be seen as friends first I guess," James sighed running his fingers through his hair. "Like you know be in each others instagrams, tweet each other and be seen out together with the boys and just me."

"Yeah that makes sense," I bit my lip.

"Then over time our friendship will turn into fake dating and then we'll go public somehow and that's it," he sighed explaining his plan. "Then of course you'll fall in love with me and I'll have to reject you" he said sarcastically.

"Oh of course," I giggled at his sarcasm. "I mean it's inevitable huh?"

"Exactly I'm basically irresistible," he smirked proudly. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah sure," I nodded.

"Why do you need your management to set you up with a fake boyfriend?" he asked.

"What do you mean," I frowned.

"I mean like you're obviously talented and smart and sort of funny, so why don't you have a boyfriend?" he questioned leaning forwards on the table.

"I had one about a year ago but it didn't really end well," I shrugged. "So I decided no boys and to focus on music. So....what's your reasoning then?"

"Same as your to be honest," he sighed.

"What no boys focus on music?" I smirked crossing my arms and James let out a small laugh.

"Nah I mean I have Con for the whole boy thing," he laughed.

"Right," I giggled.

"Okay so now you're going to be my girlfriend I need to know some stuff about you," he grinned.

"What do you want to know?" I asked smiling back slightly.

"See if this is going to believable I probably need to know your life story," he sighed resting his arms on the table.

"Right," I bit my lip. "Well I was born the 4th of February 1993 and am from south Hampshire originally but moved to north Norfolk when I was 9 after my parents got divorced, my older sister and I went with my dad but when she turned 16 they got into some fight so I don't really talk to her. I have a half brother who's like 3 now. I dropped out of UCL in my first year after getting signed to my label and you probably know the rest if you stalked my Wikipedia page. Okay you're up now."

"I'm from Bournemouth I was born 30th April 1994, I have a younger sister, parents are still together they're very supportive of what I do and all. I started uploading covers onto YouTube and realised a solo EP and then wanted to start a band and found Brad and the rest is history," he explained and I nodded looking doing at the table.

"Favorite singers then?" I asked looking up at him.

"Well there's Taylor Swift of course," he chuckled. "These guys called Dan and Shay."

"So you're into country stuff," i said sounding abit more surprised then I should've.

"I mean I like things like Lawson and Boys like Girls and stuff as well," he said seeming a bit defensive. "You then?"

"Oh well right now I really like Koadaline and I have those childhood favorites like the spice girls," I smiled a bit as James laughed at my mention of the spice girls. "But yeah Taylor Swift may be my not so guilty pleasure."

"I'm glad we share that because otherwise our fake relationship really wouldn't have worked," James smirked.

"Trust me there a lot of reasons why our fake relationship may not work," I shook my head.

"I have no idea how we're going to convince the boys," he nodded agreeing with me.

"Try trying to convince my best friend," I cracked a small smile.

"Who's your best friend then?" he asked.

"Zoe Sugg, as in Zoella," I replied.

"Oh of course," he nodded smiling slightly. "She mentioned you when we met at summer in the city."

"Yeah I heard about that," I chuckled. "She was trying fix me up with someone that summer."

"No such luck then?" he asked smirking cheekily.

"No I have a boyfriend I don't how he'll feel about me fake dating someone else though," I rolled my eyes as I said my sarcastic phrase.