Chapter 39

I needed to get out of London after that night. I didn't what to think, what I felt and why I was in this position. Of course I know it was possible but I was sure the chances were so slim it was next to impossible. Honestly I just never expected it to really happen so I didn't plan for it. I slipped away from London and disconnected myself from social media deciding I needed to clean my head of any thoughts that could confuse me and looking online at how James would have tweeted that we broke up or something and seeing the reaction would be really hard for me because I knew what reactions would be.

When I got home it was a surprise to my dad, step-mum and brother but I was just in such a rush thankful for the fact I had my car in London still so I could get out of there as soon as possible. I loved Norfolk, being by the coast was so different to being in the heart of London. I could think there. I could think about how I felt even if all I'd been doing was suppressing my feelings for the past months. I'd been spending the last few days just thinking and distracting myself.

"Holly," my dad snapped me out of my thoughts and I looked over at him startled taking the one headphone I had in out.

"Yeah," I forced a smile.

"Remember we're going away tonight so it's just you and Mason," he told.

"Okay," I shrugged turning back to my book.

"And you're picking him up from nursery," he reminded me.

"I know," I smiled again my voice still sounding oddly high still and my dad looked at me with this worried look still. "I'm going for a run," I jumped up not being able to stay in this house anymore.

"Okay remember the keys for the..." he started to say.

"My car and the house because you won't be here when I get back okay," I nodded before picking my keys and throwing them in my hoodie pocket before rushing out of the house. Everyone had been treating me so weirdly I couldn't really handle it and if running was how I could escape to be alone then that's what I'd do. Half way through my run my music was cut off and replaced with silence making me stop and pull it our seeing Brad was calling me and I sighed pressing the phone to my ear taking the head phones out so I wasn't talking into them.

"Hey," I was slightly out of breath honestly.

"Why are you out of breath?" Brad asked confused.

"Running," I answered still breathing heavily.

"So you're not at your apartment?" he asked sounding confused.

"No I'm Norfolk," I answered finding Brad a bit odd today. "You okay? Why are you calling me?"

"Where's James?" he asked and I let out a small sigh.

"How would I know?" I asked him a tad frustrated.

"Because he's your boyfriend," Brad answered.

"No we broke up," I bit my lip, clearly James hadn't announced the break up like Joe and George wanted or Brad was a really bad friend.

"No he's been with you for the past few days," he seemed in denial about this.

"No we broke up 4 days ago," I shook my head. "Sorry I don't know where he is." I felt a weird nervous feeling in my stomach then.

"We haven't seen him since he left to get his charger," I could practically hear his frown. "Wait why did you break up?" he asked turning a tiny bit softer.

"I don't want to talk about it," I let out a sigh and Brad just hummed in response.

"Okay if he calls you tell us then because I don't think we can rehurse for tour without him," Brad sounded frustrated and tense. "Do you know where he'd go?"