Chapter 35

IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END READ

----

I still hated going to my managers office. It seemed every time I'd go there there would be some sort of surprise mostly good but then again some bad, for example I wouldn't call having to start a 'relationship' with James a particularly amazing surprise, then again it's not the worst I could get. Truthfully I just have a bit of a nervous tendency to over think everything in my head, maybe it's a girl thing, more like it's a Holly thing. Actually there's a lot of 'Holly things'  I was unaware I did but  James has so kindly pointed out to me how wanting to read a book on ancient Greeks really was not that normal for a pop star or whatever I was counted as.

"So you're probably wondering why you were called in here right?" George asked and I looked up at him slightly surprised he was being so blunt now.

"Yeah I am," I frowned a tiny bit at him. "I sort of am wondering."

"Well firstly I wanted to ask if you have any songwriting progress?" he asked looking down at a sheet in front of him.

"Yeah I've completed one song," I shrugged fiddling with my hands as I spoke. "I've started a few others but that's it."

"Good good," he scanned the sheet for what else he was going to ask me. "So is the arrangement okay?" he asked knowing I'd understand exactly what I was saying.

"Yeah I guess," I bit my lip slightly.

"That's good," he tapped his pen on the table. "Have you heard of Seventeen magazine?" I looked up at him from where I was staring at my hands squinting at him slightly confused.

"Yeah, the American magazine, what about it?" I asked still a bit confused.

"They sort of want you to be on it," he answered and I said nothing in response but stared at them.

"You mean in the magazine?" I asked frowning at him slightly.

"No I mean on the front cover of the magazine," George was clearly trying to hold back a smile as he said it making my jaw drop a tiny bit. "It's basically happening because your album did pretty well out there..." I stared at him blankly processing what he was saying as he spoke about how he was wrong and he was glad the record label pushed him to release it world wide, honestly it just wasn't anything I was expecting to happen but I guess it had. There was nothing I could do other then feel extremely overwhelmed and proud as I was spoken at. "So really all I wanted to say is well done."

"Thank you," I smiled slightly at him.

"And I just want you to bare in mind everything we're getting you to do, every interview," I took in a sharp breath knowing what he was hinting at. "Every arrangement or whatever it is now, it is for you and for your career."

"I know," I nodded.

"And of course you'd succeed without it all but this may just help you," he forced a smile and I nodded understanding what he was saying.

"Thank you," I smiled faintly. "Can I go then?" I asked and he nodded looking down at his papers.

"Oh and I forgot to say well done on convincing the media again," he said looking up at me as I stood up.

"It's fine," I shrugged before leaving the room trying to stop any further discussion. Honestly I felt uncomfortable talking about this to him or anyone really I wanted to just end the whole arangment and be friends with James which is what we were then again I guess we were both in way too deep returning to just friendship was probably out of the question right now. When you get too involved in a lie it'll become too hard to talk your way out of and the end of this arangment was inevitable and I wanted it to end, the lying to stop but then that would mean the constant speculation of if my next album would be about him and so on. That's the problem with the media and how things can be twisted so frequantly it's awful.