Chapter 15

I'd dragged myself out of my bed early in the morning because I had a radio interview today and was recording a cover for Radio 1's live lounge basically just to remind people I existed because my last EP was released months ago and even though I'd released others before it was just I was in the awkward moment before the album was out. Being up early in the morning was pretty depressing to be honest, I wasn't a morning person to start with but hearing the alarm go off basically killed me. I sat down at my kitchen table going through twitter and instagram on my phone and then heard footsteps of someone entering the kitchen and looked up seeing James.

"Hey," I sighed seeing him.

"Wear this," he stated throwing a hoodie over my head.

"Gee thanks," I chuckled taking the hoodie off my head.

"Joe wanted you to be seen out wearing something that's mine so here's a hoodie," James smirked sitting down across from me.

"What are you doing today then?" I asked pulling the hoddie on over my arms not bothering to zip it up so my loose fitting top was still showing.

"Well I'm going back to my apartment because you know I live there," he sighed sitting down across from me. "Then I'll go and be really cute and meet you when you leave radio 1 and be all cute."

"Ergh don't be disgusting," I rolled my eyes.

"Nope I have to they'll be like press there and stuff and we're going public next week so we need to 'hint' like Joe said," James shrugged.

"Yeah probably," I sighed running my hands through my hair before jumping up out of my seat. "I need to go now make sure you don't break anything whilst I'm gone."

"You're trusting me in your apartment?!" he asked looking up at me.

"I know it's a surprise but I'm not waiting for you to get ready and I need to go now," I looked down at him.

"Wow I feel so honoured," he gushed sarcastically.

"You really should," I rolled my eyes walking out of the kitchen leaving him alone.

By the time I arrived at Radio 1 to my surprise there was a massive crowd of girls and a few boys waiting outside asking for photos and autographs but because I was running late my manager announced and promised I'd do all of that on my way out of the building. I was then hurried into the studio without even much time to introduce myself again to Fern Cotton who was hosting the radio show. The interveiw before the live lounge was basically me explaining about my album, the next single off it, how excited I was for the Red Tour, the usual.

"So I've been scrolling through twitter and seeing what people have been asking me to ask you," Fern stated looking through the twitter feed on the computer by her.

"Should I be worried or something?" I laughed nervously.

"Most people want to know about a certain guitarist in The Vamps and you," she smiled at me and I could feel checks heat up in a nervous blush because I couldn't say we were yet but it was so close to the announce of the single I couldn't say we weren't. When did announcing a fake relationship become so complicated?

I decided to lay it safe and not really answer the question simply say, "James is a great guy, really kind and sweet." Technically I wasn't lying he was a great guy but I did feel guilty leading people on to think we were dating, I don't know why because we'd been leading everyone close to us on for like a month now.

"Oh right," she nodded clearly seeing my swerve of the question. After a few more questions I was rushed into the Live Lounge to perform a cover of Wings by Birdy, I sat down at the piano and as soon as the cameras started to film I played it. Basically it was me alone singing with the piano I was playing accompaniment.

As soon as I'd played the song I was again shooed off downstairs to leave the studio. Whilst I hurried down the stairs I slipped back on James' hoodie because I'd taken it off for the live lounge as not to look a bit off or too casual. When I got outside I was greeted by a massive cheer where people were still waiting outside. Quickly I started to make my way over to a few groups of girls signing somethings for people or taking selfies with them but I was interrupted by a few screams from behind me where I was talking to some girls. I looked over my shoulder quickly and saw James walking through the crowds like he said he was going to in the morning.

"Sorry I just need go erm..." I stammered to the group of girls as I turned back to face them.

"It's okay," one of them smiled brightly and the rest nodded in a agreement making me smile back at them before turning on my heels and hurrying over meeting James in the middle of the crowds.

"Why are you here?" I laughed knowing people around us from teen girls to the paparazzi that were lurking around were probably listening to everything we were about to say.

"I wanted to see you," he sighed pulling me into a hug and I could hear people whispering and saw out of the corner of my eye people taking photos.

"I was just going to talk to some more people first is that okay?" I asked looking up at him as I pulled away from the hug.

"Of course," he smile sweetly releasing his arms from around my waist so I could return to talking to some of my fans. I was able to hurry through more then before because I was sort of in a rush not to have James just standing awkwardly but he started to do what I was doing because of course he was recognised straight away. It felt quite nice being able to talk to people who sort of knew who I was and were going through a fangirl experience seeing but guilt started to set in because they all seemed to ask about James and I wanted to just say oh it's not real we are friends but I had to lie and be like yeah we're really good friends but say it in a way so they had hope we'd end up in a relationship somehow.

"You ready?" I asked James who had just basically left some girls in tears of joy.

"Yeah I think so," he replied glancing back to see if the girls were okay which they seemed to be.

"Where we are we going then?" I asked as James took hold of my hand leading me over to a taxi my manager had clearly called for us to leave in. He didn't say anything because it was pretty noisy as we left and even when the doors closed it was still loud.