Chapter 34

There was something weird about being back in the writing space in my record label's London studio trying to write partly because I didn't think my first album would come out let alone a second and partly because I was having extreme writers block. I let out a small sigh of aggravation fidgeting slightly before staring down at my guitar hoping suddenly I'd have an idea for a song but no such luck. Honestly I didn't get why I couldn't think of anything, I guess usually when I write I'm heartbroken or somethings happened but right now nothing song worthy had happened and I was heartbroken or in love or anything really, I was just here. Just to my luck my phone interrupted me staring off somewhere as some people around me were doing things I didn't care about.

"Hello," I whispered slightly not wanting to draw attention to myself as the few people collected a few things before they would hopefully leave.

"Holly?" James asked.

"Yeah," I sighed. "What's up?"

"Nothing," he sounded weird and I watched the few people leave the door shutting behind them. "Why are you whispering?"

"Because everything's quiet and there were people and they were judging me," I answered still quietly but not whispering anymore. "And I don't think they'd appreciate me taking phone calls when I'm supposed to be writing music."

"What do you mean supposed to?" he laughed a tiny bit.

"I mean I'm meant to be writing songs for album 2," I sighed standing up to wandering a bit around the room unable to stay still for so long. "But I have no inspiration so in the past 2 hours I've written an introduction which if I'm honest I wrote months ago so I've stared at some paper for 2 hours so I can't write."

"Life of a successful singer songwriter," James mocked me slightly making me roll my eyes as I went to inspect what was going on outside the only window I have in the room. "Surley though being stuck in a room alone isn't going to help you write in anyway."

"Yeah that's how I usually write," I let out a small laugh. "Then again usually I have something to write about and I don't really right now."

"Why's that?" he asked.

"Well nothing really song-worthy has happened and I'm guessing everyone's going to think the whole album will be all like oh I'm so in love blah blah," I rolled my eyes again. "The vomit worthy stuff."

"And why's that?" he laughed at me.

"Because apparently people think I'm dating some guy," I answered leaning against the window.

"Idiots," he sighed. "Anyway are you alone songwriting?"

"Yep," I played with the ends my hair. "Why?"

"Because I'm sort of in the same building right now," he answered.

"You are such a stalker," I let out a small laugh.

"Or I'm being your boyfriend," he objected before the door handle moved and I guessed it was him so I hung up the phone as James walked through the door shutting it behind him.

"So you're covering your own butt after the whole 'cheating' thing?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yep," he grinned at me before going over to where had been sitting whith my guitar. "Wow you've written..." he picked up some of the rough sheets I'd been scribbeling on.

"A load of rubbish?" I questioned glancing over at him.

"Nope," he laughed scanning the sheets. "You've written a lot for someone who has no inspiration." I went over to him taking the sheets out of his hands.