Chapter 31

"Okay so let me get this right?" James asked as I sat on the counter in their kitchen swinging my legs back and forth slightly. "You thought an albatross was a goat?"

"Well yeah," I laughed slightly feeling a tiny bit embarrassed. "Okay but it sounds like a goat would be one." I tired to justify myself but James just rolled his eyes at me.

"How did they let you into university again?" he asked turning his back to me.

"Because I know a shit load about the cold war," I shrugged slipping off the counter. "And I know my Steinbeck from my Lee."

"Ah Of Mice And Men," he sighed facing me again. "Good book."

"Well done on reading?" I asked not sure where this was going.

"Oh no," he shook his head smirking. "I saw the film."

"Which film?" I questioned back.

"There's more then one?" he furrowed his eyebrows confused.

"A black and white and coloured verison," I nodded. "We told there was a big difference."

"Really?" he laughed at me.

"Yep," I nodded firmly. "In the black and white they made the mistake of giving Curly's Wife a name which distracts from Steibeck's orginal intent of having her nameless showing how she was less important on the ranch compared to Curly and her identy was a part of him." I smirked proud of myself for remembering it all.

"Impressive," he shrugged.

"You see I'm not just a pretty face," I shrugged.

"Who said you were pretty?" he frowned.

"Fab boyfriend," I rolled my eyes at him walking out of the room into the hall.

"I know," he called after me as I walked into the living room.

"Lovers spat?" Brad looked up from his laptop.

"As always," I sighed rolling my eyes.

"What are you two like?" he shook his head disappionted.

"A wreck," James appeared in the room his arm automatically sliding around my waist. It was actually becoming weird how natural this was all coming to him, even after not having to do this for over a month he just slotted back into being all fake in love with me and stuff.

"How you've lasted this long," Brad sighed staring at his laptop.

"You're just jealous," I smirked at him.

"Of what?" he scoffed laughing slightly.

"Because we're cute and stuff," James sighed hugging me tighter from the side.

"I object," Brad grumbled. "I find it disgusting."

"What exactly do you find disgusting then?" I asked pulling slightly away from James pouting at Brad a tiny bit.

"Just when you kiss and stuff," he frowned at me.

"What like this?" James asked smirking over at Brad before pecking me.

"No because that wasn't a real kiss," Brad scoffed.

"Did we just get insulted about our kissing by Brad?" I asked slightly shocked.

"I think we did," James nodded frowning slightly.

"Might as well break up now," I sighed.

"What's the point?" he asked exhaling.

"If Bradley Will Simpson doesn't think we're cute," I shook my head. "Hurtful."

"Let's retire," he sighed. "Call Joe and..." I looked at him slightly panicked he was about to let it slip and say 'call joe and call this all off'. "And get him to announce the break up ." he finished and I felt a wave of relief and sort of hoped that I hadn't shown on my face how really panicked I was.

"May have to do this," I nodded and looked over at Brad.

"I hate you two," he muttered picking up his laptop and walking out of the room.