Chapter 22

"Zoe," I sang skipping into my kitchen were Zoe was sat at the table.

"Hey Holly," she grinned handing me some coffee.

"No thank you," I handed it back to her. "We need to get going."

"Going to where?" she frowned at me.

"Sound check and Make Up," I shrugged taking her hand and dragging her to the door.

"So do I get to meet your boyfriend today?" she asked nudging me teasingly.

"Well he'll be there." I rolled my eyes. "Anyway you've met him like several times, actually you met him before I did."

"No I've met James McVey from The Vamps not James Holly's boyfriend who I need to scare off and go all over protective best friend on and say if he hurts you I'll break him or something," she smirked cheekily.

"Oh can you please Zoe," I giggled clutching onto her arm.

"Yeah do you want to watch?" Zoe asked stopping my laughing fits.

"Yes and we can vlog it and put it on your second channel," I smirked pulling her vlogging camera out of her bag and dangling it in front of her.

"That's basically viral video material isn't it?" she asked grinning.

"Yes," I laughed handing it to her so she could put it away in her own bag.

"Seriously though I'm really excited to see my best friend perform at the O2 arena," she beamed grabbing hold of my arm again showing her excitement.

After the quick journey to the O2 I went through the process of sound check with Zoe sitting front row cheering me on before joining me on stage where we started to sing together and by sing I mean belting out the lyrics to hit me baby one more time whilst dancing around the stage. I was really hoping no one was watching us do this cause honestly this was blackmail material, funny but still black mail material. Once our freak out ended I returned to my sound check going through the last song I needed to before me and Zoe were rushed off to get my make up sorted and weirdly enough we were yet to run into any band members back there. Zoe thankfully seemed to be enjoying everything that I was making her do, I guess all this was exciting but I was so used to it it was just ordinary to me.

"Oh my God," Zoe gasped and grabbed hold of my arm pulling my wrist up to look at it.

"What is it?" I frowned worried that there was something on it.

"Who gave you this?" she asked looking at the bracelet that was still on my wrist.

"Oh James," I shrugged looking down at the charm bracelet.

"Birthday?" she looked up at me and I nodded. "That's really nice, maybe he's an okay boyfriend then."

"An okay boyfriend?" I raised an eyebrow at her. "You can tell him that."

"Well I still need to warn him about this," she smiled sitting on the sofa. "But that bracelet gives him a few extra points because it's pretty, something you would've chosen, he didn't ask you or me for any advice about it and shows that he really likes and knows you."

"You're giving points to him?" I laughed slightly at her.

"I'm starting a mental score board," she smirked leaning forwards.

"Oh you," I rolled my eyes at her but was smiling because how sweet she was being about this and about James being my 'boyfriend'.

"Hol I need your..." James started to say bursting into my dressing room but stopped in his tracks seeing Zoe. "Oh hi Zoe."