5. That's Because It Is Me!

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi Aria." I heard him say. Harper put her hands over her mouth and danced around.

I tried not to laugh, but I did. "Hi Ari." I said.

"I liked the poem." He laughed.

"I liked yours too. But how come you didn't give it to me? You gave it to the guy." I smiled.

"Uhh," he laughed. "I don't know. I have like this weird fear of rejection." He said.

"Him?!!?" Harper whispered.

"Oh." I replied. "Well... fear no more." I said. Harper looked at me like it was a dumb thing to say, and now I feel like it was.

"Can I take you out? Right now?" He asked.

"Oh, right now??" I looked at Harper, and I think she was going to burst.

"Right now. I'll come get you." He said.

"I, um, I don't,-" I began.

"She'll text you the address!" Harper yelled. I covered my face in embarrassment.

"Oh, hi Harper." He laughed. "Are you guys at a hotel?"

"Yes." I replied, still embarrassed. "The Four Seasons in-"

"Oh yeah I know where it is! I live pretty close. Are you good if I come now?" He asked.

"Okay, sure." I said. I shook my head. I'm not ready for a date.

"Sweet! What room number are you in?" He asked.

"1134." Harper yelled into the phone.

"Okay, see you soon!"

"Okay bye Ari!" I said, hanging up.

"ARIA HE'S SO CUTE HE-"

"I'M NOT READY FOR A DATE!" I panicked. I haven't shaved, I'm not even wearing good makeup- I NEED PERFUME, HELP"

"Okay. Breathe." She smiled. "You don't need to shave. You're wearing pants."

"Well, but..."

Harper grinned super wide. "What do you think you guys are gonna do?" She bit her lip.

"Stop." I smiled. "I just-"

"No. Aria. If he tries to get in your pants on the first date, he's probably not who you're looking for. You're fine." She said.

I agree with her. I'll be okay.

I watched as Harper pulled out 3 perfumes from her suitcase and her makeup bag.

"Pick one." She put the perfumes in front of me. I settled for a fruity one.

"Okay. Eyebrows. Mascara. Eyeliner. Foundation. Powder. Blush. Highlighter. We can do this in 10 minutes." She said.

"Okay, but he said he lives close. Please hurry." I said, panicking. If he lives close he could be here in 5.

I'm overthinking.

Harper is a makeup prodigy, so I let her do her thing. She finished in a whopping 17 minutes, and I still didn't have a text or call from Ari, so we were fine. I looked in the mirror and admired my face.

"You did really good." I nodded.

"Hell yes I did. He's going to drop dead when he sees you." She started spraying a little more perfume on me.

"Okay so what do I say to-" I was cut off my a knock on the door.

"Oh shit, is that him?" I whispered.