6. Aria Taylor

"No it's not." I laughed.

"No, Aria. It is." He kept laughing. I think he's being sarcastic.

"Okay then sing me the whole song." I turned the volume down and waited, with a smile on my face.

"Okay." He nodded.

I was surprised, but he started out by humming the tune that starts at the beginning, sounding uncanny to the song.

To be young and in love in New York City,
To not know who I am but still know that I'm good,
Long as you're here with me. To be drunk and in love in New York City-

"Oh my god. Okay. I think I might believe you." I said. He either sounded exactly like the guy singing, or he's being honest.

He smiled. "I think it's funny that you know the song."

"Well I think it's funny that you're the one who sings the song. Are you being serious? Like don't mess with me." I folded my arms.

Ari's POV:

I looked over at her folded arms. She looked like she was in a pout, and I've never seen something so damn cute.

I'm hoping it wasn't a mistake to tell her, but she seems cool with it.

"Go to Google. Type in L-A-U-V. Lauv." I spelled it out for her.

I watched as she eagerly took her phone out and went to google. She saw my picture, and her jaw dropped. I laughed again.

"Lauv? Okay, wow. I guess I really do believe you now." She smiled.

Aria's POV:

So I'm going on a date with a celebrity on my first day in Los Angeles. Cool. I couldn't tell if this changed my view on him or not..

"It's me." He smiled.

We pulled up to a fancy looking restaurant, and he shut the car off. "Seafood? Do you like seafood?"

"Uh, yeah. I do." I nodded. I was nervous again and I don't know why.

He laughed again. "I'm surprised you didn't know who I was from the beginning."

I squinted. "You're surprised that I didn't just know your name?" I asked.

"Well, you know my song. So it's funny that you didn't know who I was." He said.

"Okay, Lauv." I said dramatically. "You're not that special just because your voice comes onto the radio. My aunt is the host for Seattle's station. I hear her all the time." I folded my arms.

Ari's POV:

She seemed a little annoyed, but I couldn't hide my smile. She was doing it again. My heart is aching at the sight of her in that pink shirt and her messy bangs.

I can tell she's stubborn.

"You're right, I'm not special. And this night isn't about me anyways. It's about you, Aria." I said her name dramatically, mocking how she did to me.

I could tell that she tried not to, but she let out a smile with her arms folded still. "I don't have to enjoy this date or anything just because you're famous or something, you know."

I hid my smile a little bit. "You were enjoying it before you knew, right?"

She shrugged. "Yes."

"Pretend I never said anything then." I smiled.

"Please tell me you're not one of those guys who acts like royalty." She seemed worried.

I laughed out loud. "Aria, I eat from McDonald's like every day. I don't expect people to know who I am. I don't expect things from other people. I'm not going to be any different than a normal guy. You really shouldn't worry." I said.

Aria's POV:

"Okay." I nodded. "Sorry, I just don't like when guys act like they're above anyone. The last date I went on was terrible for that reason. I just want to make sure I'm not getting into a mess, if that makes sense. And that you don't expect certain things from me." I stood my ground, hoping it didn't sound too aggressive.

"I admire you. And I can honestly say that you have nothing to worry about." He smiled. "I'm just a dude."

"Okay. Then.. let's go." I smiled.

I got out of the car after Ari told me to wait so he could open my door. We began walking into Benihana, a Japanese restaurant.

When we got inside, it was warm and there was a lot of people here for a Wednesday night.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, ARIA TAYLOR HAS ENTERED THE BUILDING!" Ari did a bow, and the whole restaurant looked at us. A few of them clapped, seemingly confused.

"Oh my god." I whispered. My whole face turned red. I hit Ari's shoulder, involuntarily grinning. "Why did you do that?"

"I told you. This night is all about you." He smiled. My heart skipped several beats, and I laughed, shaking my head.

"Never again." I said.

A waitress walked up to us, smiling at the scene that just happened. "Ari, would you and your guest Aria Taylor like a booth or chairs?" She smiled.

"Your choice, Aria Taylor." He grinned, smart with the action of treating me like a celebrity.

"Booth." I playfully rolled my eyes with a smile.

The waitress laughed, leading us to a back corner booth. When we sat down, she handed us two menus.

"Do you know her?" I asked.

"Do I know her? Yes. And she obviously knows you too. You must be pretty special." He winked.

"Yeah I'm sure every damn person in here knows me now." I said.

He laughed, opening his menu.

Dammit. I like him.

"Do you like sushi?" He asked.

"I love sushi." I said. I handed him my menu.

"Did you decide already?" He asked.

"Surprise me again." I smiled.

He bit his bottom lip, and my stomach took flight.