20. He's All Yours

After I'd joined Harper in the front row again for the rest of the concert, I was receiving so many looks and different questions. A girl behind me asked if I knew him personally. I just shrugged and said "He's awesome."

Veronica had been staring at me for a while until she asked what that whole situation was all about. I shrugged again, leaving her with my statement of "I wasn't expecting it."

I heard girls talking all around me, but thankfully I wasn't listening too hard. Just staring up at Ari doing his thing- which is extremely hot, by the way.

After the little encore, Ari left the stage and the venue's lights turned up. I turned to Harper, who's had a smile all night. I took a little glance at the crowd moving around, most of them clearing out and leaving. Also, most eyes on me.

"Cutest shit ever." She pretended to wipe a tear.

"I wasn't expecting it." I laughed. "I can't believe he did that in front of everyone." I said quietly.

"Listen." Harper touched my shoulder. "He's obviously not afraid to show you off. He's such a good guy, Aria. I'm so happy that you're giving him a chance." She gushed.

"I'm glad too." I said.

"Hey, that was so cute what he did. You're the luckiest person ever." A younger girl with an I Like Me Better shirt approached me.

"Thank you! Yeah I totally wasn't expecting it!" I laughed.

"He looks like he's in love with you." She laughed.

My stomach fluttered. "It was crazy." I smiled.

"Well, you're gorgeous! That was awesome." She said.

After I said thank you, she walked away with a few friends. A couple more people approached me with some of the same words, and my smile got bigger each time.

I looked around the venue, and at the stage, but I didn't see Ari. Suddenly, Robert walked out and began picking up some things from stage. I walked over to the barricade with Harper.

"Robert!" I said.

He looked up. "Hey Aria! Oh, just so you know, I had to go buy that flower." He said.

Harper and I laughed. "Well thank you." I smiled. "Where's Ari?"

He made a hand motion for us to follow him as he stepped down off of the stage. "Back here."

We walked side by side with Robert down the hallway. He stopped halfway down, but pointed to the end of the hallway. "Last door on the left. I have to put these cords away." He fumbled with some cords in his hand.

"Okay, thank you!" I smiled. Harper and I walked down, passing a few security guards. They all saw me with Robert, so we weren't even being questioned.

We reached the end of the hallway, and the last door on the left was shut. It had 'Lauv' written on a little whiteboard. The door was slightly cracked, and I heard talking.

"I hear someone." I whispered to Aria.

"Try to peep through the crack." She whispered back, making an awkward face.

"No, that's bad." I whispered.

I watched as Harper hobbled on one foot to fix her shoe. She did it quietly, until she got her fingernail stuck on one of the laces. She hobbled again, but this time she fell forward, right onto me. I thought I'd have the strength to hold her up, but I fell right into the door just like a domino. I fell into the ground and immediately looked up.

In the back of the dressing room was Ari and Veronica, from the concert. His shirt was completely unbuttoned and she straddled him on the chair he was sitting on. Her shirt was on the floor by the door, and she had on a blindingly pink bra. Her lipstick covered parts of his mouth, and his neck. I only saw this scene for a couple moments, because Ari jumped up in shock, forcing Veronica to move. He immediately began buttoning his shirt.

"Aria, I-"

"Seriously?" Harper walked in. She helped me up off the floor, because I was obviously too stunned to even move.

"Do you know her?" Veronica seemed offended.

"Just leave." Ari covered his face, speaking to Veronica.

"No, you know what? We'll do you a favor. We'll leave. No need to interrupt." Harper stole the words right out of my mouth. After we walked out, Harper slammed the door, walking with me back down the hallway.

Involuntarily, tears welled up in my eyes. My heart was shattering into pieces.

"Fuck him." Harper scoffed. We reached the end of the hallway, to an exit that led to the back of the venue. Harper angrily pushed the door open, and we walked outside.

When the door closed behind us, I let out a small cry. Harper wrapped me in a hug and held my head. "Aria, I'm so sorry."

I squeezed my eyes until more tears fell. "We're not even dating or anything and I'm already this upset over something little like that." I mumbled.

"No." Harper looked at me. "He asked you to give him a chance. You both established that you really liked each other. You've been hanging out. He makes it clear that he wants something with you, then pulls some weird shit like that. You have every reason to feel what you're feeling." Harper said.

I took a deep breath, replaying what just happened. "I really thought he was interested."

Just then, the exit door opened. Veronica came out, obviously shocked to see me. She gave me some kind of a sympathetic look. "He's all yours." She seemed annoyed, threw her hands up, then walked away.

"What the hell does that mean?" I said quietly to Harper.

"He probably got upset with her." Harper said.