17. You're Unreal

After Ari finished showing me his piano, I played a few keys. He immediately smiled, watching me play different chords.

"What are you so happy about? That you made me do this?" I laughed. I sat down on the wooden bench, and he sat down right next to me.

He grinned and clasped his hands together, pressing them towards his chin. He looked so eager for me to do something.

"I'll play Body Gold by Oh Wonder." I began to play, nervous at how close he was watching.

After a few chords, I began to sing.

"Before you came 'round my heart would never beat much faster." I sang. I played the keys, my hands shaking a little.

Ari's POV:

I watched in disbelief as she sang. I can't even believe what I'm hearing. She's so amazing, and I can't stop watching as her small hands shake when she plays. She's nervous, yet she's incredible.

"Before you came 'round I was ready to slow down
Before you came 'round I was heading for a small disaster
Before you came 'round I was ready to blow me down."

I think I'm in love.

"Let it go, paint my body gold
Take our bodies higher and higher and higher
We can go until the morning glow
We can go higher and higher and higher."

My heart wanted to burst out of my chest. Her voice is unlike any other, and I can't believe she was in my house playing my piano.

I watched as she continued to play. Suddenly, she hit a wrong key and it threw her mojo off.

"Uh, I'm- I think that's all I remember." She looked at me, obviously nervous now.

I was stunned. I didn't even know what to say, but I had a start. "You're literally amazing. Do a song with me." I blurted.

She laughed. "Uhhh. Maybe sometime in the future?"

"No, not now." I smiled. "But yeah, sometime. Aria you're seriously so good." My heart pounded.

"Thank you." She smiled. Her cheeks were a light red. I don't think she realizes how good that was. Or at least the way it made me feel. God damn, I'm glad I found this girl.

Aria's POV:

I guess it actually was a really big compliment coming from Ari. His music is amazing and he's really good too. I'm hoping he isn't just saying things to make me feel good, though.

"Another one?" He asked.

I smiled. "I said I'd sing for you, and I did. Your turn."

He nodded, smiling back. "What should I play?" He held his hands over the keys.

I thought for a moment. I wanted him to play something other than one of his songs, because I can hear those on my phone any time I want.

"Usher." I joked.

"Okay!" He began to play.

"Wait," I stopped him. "You really know an Usher song? I didn't think you would." I laughed.

"I love Usher." He looked at me. "Do you like him?"

I shrugged, not really thinking of a time when I haven't liked Usher. I know a few songs pretty well. "I do. He was the first person that came to my head and for some reason I thought you wouldn't be able to play a song of his." I said.