10. Chances

At about 3am, we began back to my hotel. The whole way there, I asked Ari to show me some of his other songs. He played all of them, and I was so in love with them. "The Other" was definitely a favorite of mine. I'm actually still in disbelief that it's him. It seems so crazy to me.

When we pulled up to the hotel front, he shut the car off.

"I'll walk you to your room." He said.

He got out of the car, making some strange dance move across the front of the car to the passenger side, making me laugh.

"Mrs. Taylor," he held out his hand for me to grab, and I did.

We walked into the hotel and onto the elevator, headed to floor eleven.

When the doors closed, I started to smile- thinking about how funny and awkward it was when that couple got into the elevator with us.

"Are you thinking about that couple too?" He laughed.

I let out a loud laugh. "Yes."

"We should try it." I couldn't tell if he was sarcastic or not, but I replied anyways.

"Okay." I said, looking at him. He turned to me, seemingly surprised that I said yes.

We were passing floor 3 on a slow elevator.

We both were smiling at each other, but then something sparked and our expressions changed again. He reached out for me, and I jumped onto him just like they came onto the elevator. I laughed at how perfectly he caught me.

He pushed me against the wall, and I held his face as we kissed. Our breathing got heavier, and once we passed a few floors I couldn't help but smile, which made him smile.

He took a breath. "Now we're having fun."

I went back in for more kisses, surprised at how well he held me up. He held on to my lower back, where my skin was exposed, and his hand was on my bare skin. I ran my fingers through his hair, and pulled it just a little.

"Woah." He put me down.

"What?" I adjusted my clothes as he put me down, thinking I did something wrong.

"You can't make me do that." He laughed. We reached floor 11 and the door opened.

He got out and I watched as he shook his head, walking down the hallway. I hesitantly followed.

"What's wrong?!" I asked.

"I don't want things to go too far too soon." He said.

"I don't either. We were just kissing." I replied.

"But, you just drove me insane. Don't make me feel like that." He smiled, looking down.

"Okay. Sorry, Mr. Leff." I winked at him and he shook his head again, biting the ring on his pinky finger for a moment.

We reached my hotel door, and I turned to him before going in. He was really close to me, and I had the door behind me.

"I'm so glad you gave me that poem today." I looked up at him.

"I'm glad you wrote one back." He smiled, putting his hand on the door, leaning close to me.

He was quite taller than me, and I felt a little intimidated.

"Thank you, really. For everything. It turned out a lot better than I expected." I said.

"Were you not expecting much?" He raised an eyebrow.