14. Morning

I woke up the next morning with a raging headache. I immediately felt stomach sick, and had a dry throat. I squinted, glancing over at the nightstand. I looked at the bottle of water, which stood next to a little packaged apple pie, 2 white pills, and a note.

Drink/eat! I love you! -Harper

I rubbed my eyes and looked over at Harper's bed. I squinted again, wondering if my eyes were tricking me. I saw a head of blonde hair on her pillow. I sat up higher, looking again. Sam.

I gasped, seeing Harper sleeping right by him, covered by the white sheets.

Oh my god!

I got back into my bed, stretching. Just as I was stretching, I heard breathing next to me. I quickly looked over, seeing Ari in my bed. I nearly jumped out of my own skin, falling onto the floor. He immediately woke up, squinting and looking around. I backed up, with my pulse running high.

Oh my god. Why is he in my bed? What did we do? Shit.

"What are you doing?" I whispered.

He moved his hair to the side. I looked at his black shirt he had on, and noticed his pajama pants.

"We were all worried about you." He whispered back. "I drove you back here and Sam and Harper came right after. We all crashed here."

"Why are you in my bed?" I asked.

"I can get onto the floor, if you want." He shrugged.

I stood up, and a bunch of blood rushed to my head. I covered my eyes, letting out a sigh. I looked down at my grey v-neck shirt, and my floral pajama shorts.

"Do you feel okay?" Ari whispered again. I glanced over at his tired face, and his messy hair. His voice was raspy and I wanted to die.

I nodded. "I'm sorry." My eyes watered up again, and I sat on the edge of the bed. He scooted closer towards me, rattling she sheets. He was closer than my comfort, because I don't even want to think about what my breath smells like right now. "The last thing I remember is being mad at you. Even then, all I remember is that we were talking and I was being mean."

"It's okay." He nodded. "But I want to ask something."

"Yeah?" I said.

"You kept pushing me away and saying you didn't even want to be there in the first place. That you didn't want to be around me. I completely understand, and I respect anything you choose. But did I do something wrong? What happened?" He asked.

Involuntarily, tears welled up in my eyes and one fell onto the bed.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up." He shook his head.

"No," I said. "I just-" I was interrupted by Harper rolling around in bed. She let out a huge stretch, and jumped when she saw me and Ari on the bed. She leaped over Sam and came running towards me. Tackling me with a hug, she let out a sigh of relief.

"Aria, are you okay? I love you. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you- I just, I didn't know any of that was happening. I should have been more worried I'm so-"

"Haaaaaarrrrp." I said. "It's okay. I'm fine."

She gave me another hug. "Ari saved you. He's awesome."

I nodded, looking at Ari. The only thing I remember was being mad at him for trying to help me. Nothing else. I'm nervous at what else I said or did, or how I got in these clothes. Or how I got in here.

"I have a lot of questions." I said. Harper and Ari looked at each other, and I looked at Sam.

"How about Ari takes you on a drive, and explains everything?" She looked at Ari, and he nodded- getting out of the bed.