Deported

Ramsey returned home to apartment. She spotted her boyfriend, Liam, sitting in the couch in front of the tv. "Babe, I got a leading role!" He glanced over at her, "Oh, that's great babe. Hallmark?" "No, no. It's an actual Hollywood movie. I'll be opposite Jared Leto." Liam looked at her blankly. "The Joker from Suicide Squad?" Ramsey elaborated and Liam shrugged his shoulders. "Christian Bale put an ax through his face in American Psycho." "Ah, yeah yeah. That's cool babe." He attention was back on the tv. She looked at him disappointedly for a second, then looked at the tv as well. "Who are the Dodgers playing?"

"A real movie?!" Her mother squealed over the phone as Ramsey was sorting through her mail. "Yes, mom! I'm so happy this is finally happening. I can't believe it." "I'm so proud of you, baby." Just then, Ramsey caught glimpse of a strange looking envelope and opened it. She read it, pretty much knowing what it was. "Is everything alright, Ramsey? Why are you so quiet?" Her mother's voice said. "Deported." Ramsey whispered. "What?" "I'm being deported back to Canada, mom. My visa has expired." "Oh honey, I'm so sorry. I'm sure there are options." She gasped, "Oh God, yes! I have to get married. They can't do anything if I'm married." "You want to marry Liam?" Her mother asked. "Mom, he's not that bad." "Not that good, either."

Ramsey ended the phone conversation with her mom. "Liam! Can you come into the kitchen please?" A minute later, he came through the threshold. "What is it? The guys are up to bat." "I'm sorry. I just got this." She handed him the deportation letter. "Oh shit. 15 days and they're shipping you out?" "But not if we get married. You see if I'm married and living with my spouse they'll give me a green card." "Oh, babe. I don't know about that." "You want me to stay here, don't you?" "Sure, but I'm not sure if I believe in marriage."

She was stunned at his words. "You can't make an exception just this once. I mean, this is my life here." He shrugged, "I know, but I don't think we're there yet." "We've been dating for a year! And we live together." "It's just a huge commitment and I'm not ready for that." She scoffed, "Grow up, Liam." She stomped to the bedroom then the bathroom to grab her things. "Where are you going?" Liam demanded. "Why do you care?" She stormed out of the apartment.

"Hey is it okay if I stay here tonight?" Ramsey asked her friend, Taylor when she arrived at her place. "Yeah, of course! Come in." She moved out of the doorway to allow her to enter. The women sat at the kitchen table and Ramsey told her about the movie and the deportation and Liam being an asshole. "That son of a bitch seriously won't help you stay here?! I'll marry you to keep you here." Ramsey laughed, "I appreciate it, but that's okay." "So what are you going to do?" "I have no idea. I'm scared." Tears welled up in her eyes. Taylor embraced her friend. "I'm so sorry, hun. Get some sleep, maybe it'll make you feel better."

The next morning, she figured she'd go to the reading to tell everyone she was being kicked out of the country. There was such a contrast to this day and the day before. She was so happy yesterday, and now she was just blah. She walked in and saw Scott and Jared. "Our leading lady is here." Scott beamed. She decided to not beat around the bush. "Listen guys, I got some terrible news yesterday when I got home. I'm so sorry, I hate to say this but I can't do the film."

"What?" The two men said in unison. "What's going on?" Jared asked intently. "I'm being deported back to Canada. I have to leave in two weeks." She felt her throat tighten. He nodded, "Let's go talk outside." He put his arm around her shoulder and led her out of the room. They stood on the sidewalk as Ramsey explained her situation. "My boyfriend won't marry me." "What the fuck is this guy's problem?" "He's kind of an ass-" "Kind of? Listen, we really want you for this movie. Let me talk to Scott and maybe we can come up with something. You're too talented to not be on this project."

Ramsey left Jared and Scott and she went back to Taylor's. After several hours of watching sappy movies, she got a text from Scott. He pinned his location to her and said to meet him and Jared there. "I gotta go." She said to Taylor. "Want me to go with you?" "Uh-sure. If you don't mind." It was a little bit of a drive, but they finally made it to the location.

It was a strange looking White House (a/n-sorry damn autocorrect). It seemed to be an old military base. Ramsey knocked on the door. Jared opened it, "Hey, you made it." "Hey, this is my best friend, Taylor." "Oh, nice to meet you." Jared put his hand out to her. Taylor shook his hand and said, "I hope you don't mind me saying it, but you are so much more handsome in person." He smiled, "Thanks." Ramsey giggled, "Taylor this is my agent, Scott Thayer."

"We have a proposition for you, Miss Burton."