The Big Show

Ramsey and Jared had sex that night but they mutually agreed to not do it again. It could complicate things and create awkwardness. The Toronto tour date was now two days away, as it was the middle of August. Jared was already in Canada, so Ramsey would be flying there by herself. Her parents picked her up at the airport and they went to the hotel to meet up with Jared. "Honey, we're so glad to have a you home. How's the tv show going?" Her mother said in the car. "Great, mom. We're about halfway through the season, and it's a lot of fun."

Jared met them in the lobby of the hotel. Ramsey was happy to see him after two weeks. "Mom, dad, this is Jared." He smiled and shook her mother's hand then her father's. "Jared, this is my mom, Veronica and my dad, Daniel." "I'm glad to finally meet you. Let's head up to the room and hangout for a bit." Jared led them to the elevator where they got off and went into the two-bedroom suite. "I got us two bedrooms." He said to everyone. Daniel piped up, "If you two aren't really together, then why are you sharing a bed?" Jared seemed at a loss for words. "Dad, Jared and I are close, sharing a bed is nothing to us."

Awhile later, Ramsey, Veronica, and Jared were talking about the tour and the upcoming concert. "I've been listening to your music since Ramsey told me about you guys' situation." Jared was surprised, "Are you serious?" "Yes, I love it!" "Thank you! I just didn't picture you as someone who'd listen to my music." Ramsey was extremely pleased at her mother and Jared's getting along. He father, however, was isolating himself from everyone. For some reason, as he got older, her dad grew more stern and irritable. He never approved of anything she did anymore.

The next day, Ramsey and her parents arrived a little early to visit Jared backstage. "I'm so excited to see you perform!" Ramsey said to him. "I'm glad you're all here!" He said. "Honey, we're going to head to our seats. We'll meet you out there!" Veronica said, clearly excited herself. "How is it that we've been living together for five months and you've never come to one of my shows?" He nudged her shoulder. She giggled, "I don't know." He wore a baggy yellow Gucci checked suit. It was a strange looking outfit, but Ramsey thought he was handsome no matter was ridiculousness he was wearing. "You know, I don't usually get too nervous, but tonight, knowing you're here, it's making me jumpy."

Ramsey left to join her parents as Jared was given a five minute warning. The concert began and the crowd roared when Jared walked on stage. "Hello Toronto!" His voice boomed through the microphone. He was able to spot Ramsey early. The show began and Ramsey was mesmerized. There were no thoughts in her mind. All she could sense was what Jared was doing on stage. He would look over at her occasionally as he sang. His voice was passionate and the way he carried himself up there was beyond impressive. His brother, Shannon held his own presence on the stage and kept the energy of the performance running. Entertaining wasn't a good enough way to describe it.

For Ramsey, everything was falling into place. Every element of Jared's personality was lit on fire that night-and she assumed every night he performed. Jared's charisma is what drew people to him, and now she understood that his onstage persona was the greatest example of that. There was such a family-like connection between the two brothers and the audience. It was unlike anything she'd ever seen. She looked over at her mom, who seemed to be in awe. The two women found themselves yelling along with the words of the songs. It was like they weren't conscious of their own voices, and Jared was having an effect on them.

The end of the concert was unfortunately nearing as the final song came to a close. Jared had invited dozens of fans onstage. He was breathing heavily from singing and his own excitement. "Okay, okay. You guys, turn the lights on." The lights came on and everyone became visible. "Ramsey!" He said into the microphone as their eyes met. Her heart started to beat rapidly. He looked all around at the people in the audience. "Is it okay if my girlfriend comes onstage?" He asked, and his reply was thousands of screams. He grinned.

Ramsey made her way to the stage. She couldn't see anybody, all she could focus on in her shock was putting one foot in front of the other. A security guy hoisted her up. "You be careful with her." Jared said sternly to the man as he held his hand out to her. He pulled her up to join him onstage. "What are you doing?" She whispered to him frantically. He put a hand on her back and put the microphone to his mouth. "I brought you up here for something special. People have done this at my shows before, so I'm sorry for not being original." With that, he bent down on a knee.

Ramsey's jaw dropped and she couldn't close her mouth. The cheers in the background were deafening. Jared took a familiar-looking black velvet box. "I love you, Ramsey. I never thought I'd say these words, but will you marry me?" He opened it up, revealing her ring. She reached out and wrapped her fingers around the microphone. He held it to her and she breathed out, "Yes." Her smile took over her lips and there was another loud wave of praise from the audience.