twenty three

yixing;

"you should go home, your friends left already." sehun's brother tapped my shoulder behind me after spacing out for too long. "i'll take care of sehun." he said.

"i'll stay." i said. "i don't have a place to go to anymore."

"im actually worried," he suddenly muttered. "i'd have to work tomorrow without taking a rest and i can't miss it anymore...i have to make money for sehun. i was worried nobody would take care of him since i have no time," he sighed. "i knew it would be you..."

"i know..." i said. "it's okay, i can handle this. it's my fault too he's like this."

"i owe you one." sehun's brother said lastly before waving me a goodbye, trusting me being alone with sehun.

it was so quiet, there was no sign of sehun twitching or anything. he must be in a deep sleep. i got nothing else to do since my phone doesn't work here in korea yet...so i sang a slow song to stay awake and alerted. suddenly, a shadow came creeping up from behind and it startled me a bit. "tao?"

"so..." he put his phone back inside his pocket. "you still care about the dickhead, yeah?" tao glanced at sehun.

"it doesn't matter to you." i said.

"didn't i tell you many times that you shouldn't treat him like this after knowing how he treated you in the past?" tao glared. "i can't stand seeing you so gullible, it makes you look stupid, yixing..."

"stupid is my middle name, so?" i cracked my knuckles. "leave if you don't like it so much, i never asked you to see us."

"i can't believe you, yixing. how pathetic and stupid." tao spat and i just gave him a tired look, he left after he said those critics to me but little did i care. tao was my closest friend, but we got drifted apart after high school.

sehun's hand twitched and curled into a fist after tao left. i missed it because i was busy off my thoughts. "goodnight, sehunnie." i leaned my head against the wall and slowly drifted to sleep even though i was shivering from the coldness.

-

i wasn't alarmed that there was a nurse coming in the room with a mask on with some liquid and injection in his hands. he didn't even tell me what he was doing to sehun even though i asked him.

i saw the nurse's fingertip was covered with a small drop of blood and got blood splattered all over his mask. for some reason, it intimidated me. he put the injection in sehun's arm without hesitation harshly and sehun began to heave his chest up and down vigorously.

"w-what did you put in him?" i asked. the nurse just kept quiet and took another dose of injection, stabbing it on sehun's forearm. sehun began to breathe heavily and i became so panicked that i started rapping sehun's name.

"what is wrong with him?" i asked the nurse but he just completely ignored me but all of a sudden, he grabbed my wrist and dragged me along with him, far from sehun.

he took off his mask and revealed his face. it took me by utter shock. "you'll thank me later." luhan said and smirked before he put on his mask back again and left the room quickly before i could even open my mouth.

what just happened?!

i had no time to think about luhan so i rushed back to sehun who was hardly breathing and tried to calm him down. "take a deep breath..." i demonstrated as i grabbed onto his thigh nervously. he did as i told him to but he failed to do so. i began to feel anxious and yelled for the doctor's help out of nowhere.

"sehun, breathe!" i yelled. the doctor pulled me away from sehun because i was gripping onto him so tight that i couldn't let him go. they shut the curtains and checked sehun meticulously.