twenty nine

sehun;

"good morning baby." i rasped and backhugged yixing.

"good morning." he giggled.

"no surprise?" i said in a disappointing voice.

"surprise for what?" yixing asked. it's my birthday today...

"i guess you don't remember..." i sighed.

"i don't know what you're talking about, sehun." yixing raised his eyebrow. "is it important?"

"i guess not." i frowned. "nevermind."

"don't be upset." yixing pouted. "tell me what's wrong?"

"no...nothing." i avoided eye contact with him. "it's the day my puppy died." i lied.

"you had a puppy?! i never knew that..." yixing gasped. "it must've mean alot to you."

"yeah..." i said. i felt so disappointed yixing didn't remember a single thing about my birthday. it ruined my day but i tried to keep as calm as possible and kept a forced smile on my face. nobody remembers my birthday. not even my brother. not a single greeting.

i heard a knock on the door and immediately opened the door, it was my brother with his emotionless face. "hi, sehun." he greeted. i was expecting for him to greet me 'happy birthday' but...none of that. "have you been doing well?"

"yes." i looked down on the floor.

"where's yixing? did he leave?" my brother asked, loosening his tie and unbuttoned halfway of his shirt. "the weather's kinda hot today, im sweating."

"he's upstairs." i narrowed my eyes at him. he suddenly touched my collarbone and raised a brow. "what have you been up to?" he smirked.

i quickly slapped his hand and hid my obvious bruising hickey from yixing. "a giant ant bit me." i lied.

"is that giant ant perhaps called yixing?" he smirked. "it's on your neck too, if you don't know." he pointed out and i glared at him. "you guys made up so well, i should leave you guys alone again."

"idiot, where have you been?!" i hissed.

"working and working and working." hyung repeated the same word over and over again.

"is your job so important?" i asked.

"of course it is." he sighed.

"do you even know what day it is?"

"hmm...thursday?" he said. my heart shrunken when he didn't remember my birthday at all. nobody remembers.

"y-yeah...it's thursday." i frowned.

"i can't stay here any longer. im here just to see you...but i brought some gift-"

"gift?!" i widened my eyes.

"-for yixing." he continued. i stared at him with cold eyes but he didn't care. he took out the gift he brought for yixing and it was a frying pan. "i got this from a lucky draw but i don't really cook and you don't too so im giving it to yixing."

"you should tell him that, not me." i clenched my jaw.

"okay." he patted my back. "take care, bro...and use protection." oops.

just like that, he left the house and went back to work, leaving the frying pan beside me. "yixing..." i called out. he eventually came down and stood there cluelessly. "my brother gave this to you." i handed him the pan as he stared at it.

"a frying pan...really?" yixing chuckled. "i'll use this to cook later."

"hey, sehun im gonna head out for a while...are you okay with that?" yixing asked me.