twenty four

yixing;

when sehun was sleeping, i silently went to see the doctor and asked him, "why does sehun always feel the constant pain in his chest?"

"im not exactly sure...but it's just one of the symptoms." he said.

"for what?"

"it could be wrong, but it's highly possible...it's better to not say anything first." the doctor said nervously and smiled before leaving.

i took a glance at sehun, he was wincing and heaving his chest slightly in his sleep. it was too obvious his chest was hurting. "you'll be okay." i whispered pitifully and closed my eyes to calm myself down for a bit.

-

"im here." kai knocked on the door. i told him to come in. kai had his arms full of gifts as he walked inside.

"kim kai." sehun greeted, twitching a small smile.

"look, im sorry for the...incident. i have no idea why im okay but you aren't...it should be me in your place right now. you don't know how truly sorry i feel," kai said and brought a bouquet of flowers for sehun. "take it." kai handed sehun the bouquet and chocolates.

sehun glanced at me and i just smiled as my dimples showing. he took the flowers and snickered. "why flowers, paboya?" sehun smirked. "shouldn't it be ramen instead?"

"yah. be thankful at least! well then i'll take it back and give it to kyungsoo..." kai said, offended.

"i like it." sehun said and put it on the bedside. "thanks for your unusual friendly gift."

"how are you feeling? you're not hallucinating anymore, right?" kai asked.

"not really..." sehun said. "why are you here?"

"to visit you, of course!" kai raised a brow. "it's all my fault after all."

"so you admitted." sehun scoffed. kai just shrugged.

"is everything okay?" kai asked me suddenly. "no arguments going on?"

"we're on good terms, kinda." i replied.

"don't you want me to replace your duty? i can wait for sehun. you can go take a shower or something, hyung..." kai suggested. sehun glanced at me, waiting for my answer.

"i'm good." i said. i glanced back at sehun who was smiling at me as i avoided eye contact.

"oh...is that so?" kai said, confused. "you guys aren't awkward at all?"

"maybe?" i shrugged.

"well...best of luck. thank you for coming back here, hyung. welcome back to korea!" kai said to me, smiling. i just smiled back. "i can't stay here much longer...kyungsoo keeps texting me telling me to go home for my help."

sehun and i nodded, understanding his situation. "get well soon, bro." kai lastly said to sehun.

sehun sighed and rested his head on the headboard. "why do you agree on staying here with me?" he asked.

"im just doing it for your brother." i said.

"brother or not, you'd still stay." sehun said. "don't pull up a scene like back then in china when you left me."

"that was to teach you a lesson...and i moved on."

"really? you did?" sehun asked, kind of feeling a bit disappointed. "i knew you did..."

i didn't know what to say next so i stayed quiet although i didn't fully move on. i grabbed the chocolate kai bought for sehun, grabbing the small letter kai wrote. "oh? kai wrote you a letter...let me read it for you." i said.