Chapter 8 What Happened?

Cat POV

I wake up with the biggest headache. I look around and I realize that I’m not home. I see my dress on the floor. “No. I wasn’t that drunk.” I think aloud. I see an aspirin and a cup of water on the desk across the room.  He must have left it for my hangover. I finally get out of the bed. I’m only wearing my underwear, and his t shirt. Omigod I think.

“Calm down love.” I turn around.

There is Zayn shirtless in the doorway. I can’t help, but to stare. His abs are so beautiful.  “You were wasted last night” he continues. He must have seen my expression. “I couldn't bring you home. Your parents would have killed you.”

“So we didn’t…?” My voice trailed off.

“Well… You wanted to, but I couldn’t. It wasn’t right.”

“I wanted to?” I ask confused.

“Yea, you tried to unzip my pants.”   He chuckled.

I face palm myself. “Omigod! I’m so sorry.”

“Don’t worry about it. Nothing happened. Hey if you really feel that bad about it we can hang out tomorrow. My treat.”

I looked up at him. “Really? You don’t have to.” 

“No. I would love to.” He quickly answers.

“We can stop to get breakfast on the way to your house. You’re parents are probably worried.” He says.

“Oh yea. Let me get dress.” I say softly. I was sad.  I didn’t want to leave Zayn’s house. I wanted to stay with him. Plus I didn’t want to deal with Will.

I quickly get dress. I can’t find Zayn. His house was huge. There were at least six rooms. I poked around a little. I couldn’t’t help, but noticed that his parents weren’t there. I continued to look around. I saw something black and shiny coming from his drawer. I make my way towards it.

“Cat?” I hear Zayn’s voice.  “Ready to go?” He is waiting behind me.

“Um yea.”  I lied. I grabbed my things and followed Zayn out of the room. I wonder what was in his drawer.

We finally arrived at my house.

“Thanks for the ride, and letting me crash at your place”

“No problem. I’ll be here early in the morning to pick you up. I have a surprise for you.” I start to blush when he says surprise.

“Oh a surprise. I really can’t wait then.” I watch him pull off as I enter the house.”

“Where the hell where you?!?”                                        

Cat POV

“Where the hell where you?!” Will demanded.

“Calm down I was only at Zayn’s house.” I say annoyingly.

“Calm down?! What the fuck Cat I told you to stay away from him.” He looked so pissed. I had never seen him like this before.

“I was too drunk to come home. Besides mum and dad would have killed me, so I slept at his place for the night. And stop worrying nothing happened.”

I walked away ending the conversation seeing that it was not up for discussion. I go upstairs to charge my phone. My lock screen read:

26 Text messages and 5 Missed Calls from Kayla   

I decided to call her back. “Hello”

“Girl! Are you ok what happened last night? You totally went AWOL on me!”

“Well first my phone died. Second I was really drunk, so Zayn took me to his place.”

“Um what?!?” she screamed into the phone.

“Don’t worry nothing happened.” I explained.

“Oh hey did you hear about Harry last night?”

“Um no.” I say clueless trying to remember last night.

“Apparently he almost got into a fight.”

“With who?” I asked.

“Zayn.”

 ____________________________________________________________________________

“Are you sure? He seemed pretty calm last night.”

“I’m sure Liam said he saw the whole thing.”

We talked a little more until my head started to again. I kept thinking about what Kayla said about Zayn. Whatever happened I’m sure Zayn had an explanation.

I wake up its 6:30 am. I better start getting ready before Zayn comes. He said he had a surprise for me. I didn’tknow what to expect, so I put on my back high waist shorts with a white crop top. I walk outside, and I see Zayn.  He’s smoking while sitting on a motorcycle.

“So this is the surprise?” I gesture to the motorcycle.

“Yea you like it?”  He puts his cigarette out.

“I love it.” I pull him in so I can kiss him.

He looks at me. “Let’s ride then.