Chapter 11 That Awkward Moment

I wake up and Zayn is still sleeping. I carefully get up trying not to wake him. I put on my clothes and go downstairs to grab a bagel.

“Hello? Can I help you?” says a man in the kitchen.

“Oh I’m sorry I didn’t know anyone was here.” I fumble over my words. “I’m Cat, Zayn’s girlfriend.”

“I didn’t know Zayn kept girlfriends.” He says simply.

I don’t know what to say, so I just nod my head and smile.

“How long have you known Zayn?”

“For about a month and half.” He looks shocked.

“That’s a long time?” he sounds impress now.

“I guess it is.” To be honest I never thought about it.

“Why Zayn? Don’t you know the trouble that he is worth? I do.” That was pretty blunt.

“I do sir, but I love your son” He scuffs when I say son, but I continue anyways. “I could never stop loving him, no matter how hard I try. I will always love him.”

“And you said you were Zayn’s…”

“Girlfriend. I’m Zayn’s girlfriend.” I say with pride.

Zayn POV

“You like touching women?!”

“It wasn’t me. I was never involved.” There was no use. They couldn’t hear me because each time they punched me they knocked the sound out of me. I later notice that Cat is driving my motorcycle.

I see Cat’s face for a moment, and the wind rustling through her hair as she drives. “I love you Zayn, and you going to fine. Ok Zayn?”  She starts to cry.  I quickly jump up. I loudly wince in pain. I look around and I realize I’m in my room. I notice the bandage around my ribs. I carefully get up and I start to get dress. I was going to kill her whoever did this to me. I don’t see Cat, so I assume she’s downstairs. Halfway downstairs I hear two voices.

“So you are Zayn’s…”

“Girlfriend.”

 What the fuck? Why is he home? I finally made my downstairs and I see Cat and my father. Aww shit.

“So where have you been keeping this one Zayn. She’s awfully nice. Much better than the other women that leaves your room during the middle of the night.” He says causally. I start to choke.

“Well that’s because you are never here.” I say attacking him back for his previous comment.  There was an awkward silence. “Um I better get you home Cat.” I say trying to hurry up, and leave the house. I usher her to the door.

“It was nice to meet you Mr….” I close the door before she is able to finish. 

“Is everything alright?” she asks.

“Of course everything is great. My father is home, and he hates me. And someone tried to fucking kill me last night. Everything is going great” I say sarcastically.

“Hey don’t get upset at me. If it wasn’t for me you would have probably died” she snapped.

“I’m sorry bae. I’m just really stressed out. I’m failing English. My dad told me last time if I fuck up one more time I’m done. I slam my fist on the horn as it goes off.  I’m tired of always being a screw-up. I’m tired of feeling like I’m always crazy. People think I’m a terrible person when they don’t even know me. Because of that I’ve got this war in my mind where I start to believe that I am.” I scream on more time. She looks at me. She doesn’t say anything at first, “ We should define ourselves by the best that’s in us, not by the worst that has been done to us, or by us.” She doesn’t say anything else after that. The whole car ride I kept thinking about what she said. We finally arrived at her house.

“So I’ll see you tomorrow?” She questioned.

“Um maybe. I’m not sure I gotta take of some things, plus I’m in too much pain. I’ll text you later though. Okay?”

“Okay?” she answers softly.