Chapter 10 The Gas Station

Cat POV

We were half way home until when we realized the motorcycle needed gas. Zayn finally stopped to get some gas. There were three guys there hanging around, and smoking.  They kept starring at Zayn, and I. I started to feel really uncomfortable.

“I’ll be back love I’m going to pay for the gas.”

“I’ll do it I’m going to grab some chips anyways.”

He hands me the money.  I scan down the aisle until I find the chips. While I’m paying for the chips and gas I hear some men yelling outside. “You like touching women?!??!” I walk outside.  I see the three strange guys beating the shit out of Zayn.

“Stop!” I scream. They ignore me. My screams turn into sobs. “Stop it!!! You’re hurting him! Leave him alone! They continued to punch and kick him in the stomach. Please STOP before I’ll call the police.”

They stop. I run to Zayn’s body, and hover over him. His mouth his bleeding and his face are full with cuts and bruises. I continued to sob over his body.

“If was you I’ll stay away from him.”  I turn around. One of the three guys was speaking to me. “He’ll only get you hurt” he continued. Then the he walked away. I tried to help Zayn on the back of the bike, but it was hard. I think he may have broken a rib, or two. It’s a good thing I taught myself how to ride a motorcycle when Will used to own one. I started the motorcycle then drove off.  I looked back at Zayn I had to get him home as soon as possible. I drag him upstairs to his bedroom. His room looked different from last time I was here. His room is well kept, and clean for a male. He winces in pain as he limps onto his bed. I run into the bathroom opening the cabinets until I finally found the first aid kit. I enter the room again he is laying his back. I helped him up to take his shirt off. His stomach was really bruised. I lightly touched his bruises. He continues to wince in pain. My eyes began to swell I hated to see him like this. It was weird to see someone so vulnerable who made me feel so safe.

“You better get home before you parents freak out.” He slowly says with heavy breaths in between each word.

“No! I’m not leaving you. You need my help!” I scream.

He doesn’t argue with me anymore. I don’t know if it’s because he’s into much pain, or because I’m right. I started to clean his cuts and bruises. I grabbed a bandage wrapped for his ribs. When I was done he lied down on his back again. I snuggled next to him and carefully putting my head his shoulder. Who could such a thing I thought then I fell asleep next to him.