40{Not The Ending}

"What took you two so long to get here?" Taylor asked sipping her water. I opened my mouth to answer but Stassie did.

"They probably had Valentines Day sex." She said with a smirk on her face. I laughed softly shaking my head. "Nothing like that. We're not even at that step yet. We've only been dating for like a months and he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend. So no I'm not going to be fuck buddies with my brother's friend. We're just gonna see where this leads to." I said while looking through the menu.

"So then what were you two doing? Making out?" Tayler hounded me with more questions. "No, we were exchanging gifts,"I said after finally deciding on what I wanted.

"Awww! That is too cute. Nash and I challenged each other to a cake off." She said with a smile on her face. "Only organic ingredients." She stated while pulling the goody bag open.

She pulled out a tan bear that had a hundred dollar bill in his hands and chocolate at under him. "Take the money back please." She begged while trying to hand it back to me. I shook my head and place my order.

"Don't tell the boys but I gave you guys more money." I said whispering to them. "You're too nice Liz, I feel bad I didn't get you anything." Stassie said after placing her order.

"No biggy," I said waving her off. "It's Valentine's Day, you didn't have to get me anything," I said sipping my water.

•••

"See you guys tomorrow," I said waving back at them rushing to the car. "Be safe you two," JJ yelled as he ran through the rain.

"You too." G yelled holding his jacket over our heads. He pulled the door open for me and then ran to his side of the car.

"Wooh!" I said as I got settled into the seat. "Well, that went better than I thought." He said as he turned the headlights on.

"It's so late," I said looking at the time and giggled. "Okay, where just heading back to my place?" I asked looking over at him. "Yeah, let's stop by the market to get some ice cream and get pretzels." He said pulling out the parking lot.

"I have pretzels back home, all we need is some ice cream," I said smiling softly. "And away we go." He said as we pulled out of the parking lot. "It's crazy out here." G said while turning the windshield wipers up on high.

"Yeah the weather app says it's supposed to be like this for the next three days." I said looking at my phone. "I just hand at your place tonight." G said while pulling up to the closets store.

"In out no jokes." I said pointing my finger at him. "Did I ever tell you you're bossy?" He asked as he unbuckled his seatbelt. "Yeah and I told you to never say that again." I said while taking mine off. "Well I don't think I said you were cute when you're bossy." He said with a smirk on his face. "Shut up." I said with a smile on my face and pushed him softly.

"Alright lets go." He said pushing his door open. "Wait!" I said as I took my heels off. I pulled on my vans and then pushed open the door. "Go." I yelled and hopped out the car. My foot slipped and I fell to the ground.

I sat on the ground and contemplated what just happened. G rushed over to me and just watched as I sat on the ground. "You okay?" He asked putting his hand out to me. "How did I just do that." I said and then began to laugh. "How did you fall?" He asked wrapping his hand around my waist.

"I don't...even...know." I said between laughs. I pushed my wet hair out if my face and looked up at G. I expected him to be looking at me like I as crazy but he had a smile in his face. "Be my girlfriend." He said bluntly.

"Why are you suddenly saying this to me?" I asked him placing my hand on his shoulder. "I thought it was the rain or it being Valentines Day, but I was gonna ask you soon. I think seeing you laughing at your mistake and being do carefree it was like the worst thing you could say was no. So I just said it." He said looking down at me.

I had a smile on my face as I placed a kiss on his lips. His hand pulled me closer to his body deepening the kiss. I pulled away from him a giggled. "My answer would have been yes any time you asked me." I said to him.

•••

4 years later.{Liz is like 25 G is like 28.}

"Liz, honey! You have to get up." G whispered in my ear. "No." I groaned as I pulled the blankets tighter around my body. The shades were then pulled open. I pulled the blankets over my head.

"Please! You told J we would get there early." He said while pulling the blankets off of me. " He can wait for me to get there. Shoot it's my party." I said while rolling out of bed and running my hand through my hair. " Well, why did you tell him we would get there early if it's for you," he asked with a smile on his face.

"Because I wanted to help," I said in a duh tone. "I know you guys too well, you'll do something over the top," I said and walked to get some clothes out of the closet. "Liz, forget the party, let's go do something." G said walking over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "But didn't you just rush me out of bed so we could go to this party?" I asked and turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Yeah, but we could do something together since we barely get any time to ourselves because of work. We could use some us time." He says as he kisses my head. " I guess JJ would understand if we didn't show up, it could just be a party," I said giving into his idea.

"Movie Day!" G yelled and swung me around with a smile on his face. "Come on I have to get dressed if we're going to go see a movie," I said in between laughs. "Okay, okay." He said and put me down.

•••

" That was such a good movie." G said as I put my key in the door. "I told you that going to see "Love, Simon." would be good." I smile and pushed the door open. There were candles placed all around and rose petals on the ground. I looked back at G with a confused face only to find him on his knee.

"W-What are you doing?" I asked him as I pushed my hair behind my ear. " Liz, you've made me the happiest guy on this earth. Without you, in my life, I don't think it would be as entertaining and amazing as it is now. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you make me happy for the rest of my life and marry me?" He asked pulling out a ring.

I let out a soft gasp and smiled at him nodding my head. "Yes?" He asked a smile creeping on his face. " Yeah," I whispered and smiled at him. He laughed and stood up pulling me into a tight hug. This is the end of our story." I said in a sad tone. " Not the ending, just the beginning." He whispered.