one

chapter one - thalassophile

song of the chapter ; stay - rihanna

--

FARAH'S DARK EYES followed the harsh crashes of the dark navy water against the rocks below her, her pupils following any and every white slosh of foam that the liquid created. The rocks that hung under the cliff peered up at her, the jagged points almost daring her to leap.

The salty breeze was so refreshing, so cold and comforting as they cooled the tears that steadily ran down her cheeks.

A debilitating feeling of déjà vu nearly made her teeter over the edge.

He had saved her.

And in the most tragically paradoxical way, he would be the reason for her demise.

Farah had so vividly remembered her radiant angel that almost seemed too good to be true, like he was too good to be true. He had pulled her away from the edge of the building that she was going to throw herself off of. But he wasn't righteous in any way. Noah was truly a poisoned chalice; a wolf in sheep's clothing.

He was malicious, so manipulating and vindictive.

Her lungs began to ache, but she didn't care.

If she didn't do it, she would have to return to him, return to that godforsaken apartment that she had so desperately tried to escape from. She would have to return to his venomous words and hands that only caused her the utmost harm.

There was something tugging her back, preventing her from doing what she needed.

The grass under Farah felt damp, coating her jeans in rain. Slowly but surely, she began to scoot closer to the edge, her legs now dangling. Her heart pounded in her chest, hammering against her ribcage with anxiety. Her dark curly hair flew out in all directions, some strands sticking to her tear stained face while others whipped behind her shoulder.

"What are you doing?"

The world around her stopped. The water halted its angry taunting and the breeze ceased its actions.

Farah hadn't ever heard a sound so melodious, so heavenly. Like thick, warm honey, it was comforting- A new feeling she had not yet recognized.

"Move away from there!" Israfil's voice blended into crashing of the waves.

His hands began to shake as his legs strode out, bounding towards her. It was her.

It was his mate, He was sure of it now.