thirty-seven

chapter thirty seven - cure

song of the chapter ; take it all - kiana ledé

--

"YOU PROMISE YOU'RE going to be okay on your own?" Israfil bit his lip and stared at the pack psychologist's door, his hand placed firmly on Farah's lower back. He was worried about her going in there by herself, what if she needed him? He knew she wanted her privacy, but still, he was concerned. Farah was sensitive, she had faced too many things alone, he didn't want this to be one of them. His silver eyes darted her beautiful face, and then back at the door.

Farah smiled softly, "I'll be okay, it's just a checkup. Don't worry."

Israfil wished it was that easy, but he knew that every second he spent waiting for her, the more he would anxious he would get. But his troubles simmered slightly when he felt her wrap her arms tightly around his waist in an embrace and lay her head on his chest. He hugged her back, placing a small kiss on the top of her head, "I'll be out here if you need me, okay?"

She nodded and pulled away hesitantly, raising her fist to knock. She rapped her knuckles against the wood three times before she waited for the entry. The door opened and displayed a tall, blonde woman with kind brown eyes smiling at her. "Luna Farah, it's a pleasure to meet you," Her slight bow to her and Israfil made Farah slightly uncomfortable. The Luna title made her shift on her feet nervously. "Alpha Israfil, how are you?" Dr. Wyatt asked, keeping her manners in check.

"I'm good, and you?"

She nodded, "Great. Are we ready to start?"

Farah nodded with hesitance, glancing at Israfil through her peripheral. She looked at him once more before she walked through the door, and Dr. Wyatt smiled at him, "She'll be okay, don't worry." He nodded and she shut the door.

Farah was deathly nervous. After all of these years of keeping everything tucked away to herself, she was finally seeking help. While it was a good thing, it was still nerve-wracking. A part of her wanted to go back outside and ask Israfil to come in with her, but she was determined to be strong even though she felt anything but. This was going to help her, she needed to concentrate on herself and no one else.

"Have a seat, Luna."

Farah bit the inside of her cheek, "Do you mind if you just call me Farah? I don't mean to disrespect you-"

"No, of course! Let's begin, shall we, Farah?"

She walked towards the chair positioned in front of the psychologist.