thirty-six

chapter thirty six - drink

song of the chapter ; god is a woman - ariana grande

guess whos a dumb sitch that didn't study for her science exam?? me !! lmfao alexa play stupid hoe by nicki minaj

--

"THIS IS OUR last day together," Lacey frowned. The two days they had spent together so far had passed quickly. They had gone out shopping, ate lunch together, and even had a spa night. "We need to celebrate, girl."

Farah looked up from her device, raising a curious eyebrow. "What did you have in mind?"  She glared at her phone when it started ringing, Israfil's contact name displayed on the screen. Farah switched it off, knowing that she was being petty. She would've felt guilty if it weren't for the reason why she had denied his calls. She knew that he could tell that something was up. Whenever he texted, her replies were short and dry, often leading to the conversations ending quickly. He kept trying to call her, but she kept ignoring him. It was childish, Farah knew it was, but for some reason, she continued what she was doing.

"Was that him?" Lacey asked, with a knowing smirk on her face. It only grew when Farah nodded and frowned at her screen as it began to ring again. "Damn. You going to ignore him forever?"

"What did you have in mind?" Farah asked again, deflecting the question. Lacey caught on but paid no mind, and maneuvered around the kitchen, reaching up to the liquor cabinet. She was so short that she couldn't reach it, so she had to take a bar stool to climb up.

Lacey pulled open the cabinet doors, "I don't know why Alexander puts these so damn high. He knows I can't reach them, but he refuses to put them any lower."

Farah shrugged, "I guess it's good though, that way, if you plan on having kids, he won't have to move them again."

Lacey nearly fell off the stool with a bottle of tequila clutched in her right hand and Bacardi in the other, her eyes wide. "No," She choked, "Not happening." She carefully climbed down and slid off of the stool, reaching into another cupboard for some shot glasses, sourcing a lime out and cutting it into slices. She avoided Farah's gaze as she poured some rum into a glass with a splash of the citrus fruit, sliding it to her.

"Why, if I may ask?" Farah stared at the clear alcohol in the cup with a scrunched nose.

Lacey sighed, "The doctor told me why, I just don't remember. It's really hard for me to get pregnant. Less than a five percent chance."

"Sorry I asked," Farah muttered, feeling bad.

Lacey waved her off, turning and pouring her own glass. "No worries. Now let's drink, bitch!" Together, they raised the liquid to their lips and allowed it to slide down their throat with a satisfying burning sensation. "Isn't Israfil going to be here in a few hours to pick you up?"