thirty-three

chapter thirty three -  kabus

chapter thirty three - kabus

kabus (كابوس) - meaning nightmare

song of the chapter ; this way - khalid ft H.E.R.

--

FARAH COULD HEAR the tear of her cotton t-shirt, eyes wide and unblinking and her heart racing so harshly she could feel the pulse thudding in her throat. She swallowed hard, trying to get rid of the consistent throbbing that was making her headache as she pressed her lips firmly together. Her black eyes wandered the room, trying to ignore the feeling of cold hands pulling at the straps of her bra.

"Did you hear me, bitch?" Noah's voice was harsh and gruff above her.

Farah met his gaze and tried to blink tears that were gathering in her eyes away as she meekly shook her head, frozen on the chilled mattress of their bed. "No." She squeaked out, voice coming out more airy than she thought it would.

He tugged at her leggings, paying no mind to her lack of enthusiasm and consent. "Don't make fucking trouble for me like you did last time, okay sweetheart?" His voice fell soft and gentle as he inched his mouth to her ear, "You know what will happen if you scream."

Last time.

Farah had screamed last time he raped her, so loudly that the neighbors next door called the police in worry. She had gotten beaten for it, harder than ever. Her cheek was still pulsating from his strikes and her hip stinging from the cuts of his knife ingrained in the skin, and although it was bandaged over, she could still feel it, reminding her of what awaited her if she tried it again.

"Do you understand?" He asked through clenched teeth.

Farah nodded quietly, unable to control the tears rolling down the sides of her face as she lay naked and vulnerable. She was stripped of her dignity, her self-respect and honor, and without those, she was left unrecognizable to her own self. And that was one of the scariest parts of all; she had been turned into a submissive, quiet girl, far from her previously boisterous self. Gone was the person she once was and now there was a solemn emptiness that replaced it.

"Do you fucking understand?" He roared, hand snaking around her throat.

"Yes," She gasped, "I understand."

His hand dug into the bandaged part of her hip, fingers pushing into the wound, reopening the skin again as she winced, teeth worrying her lip so she wouldn't screech. "Noah, stop, they're still open." She was referring to the cuts he had carved into her body. And so she begged, shutting her eyes again in pain when a searing pang shuddered her cold body.