postlude

[ TO EVERY STORY, THERE IS A BEGINNING AND AND AN END. ]

❝ Are you okay, Farah? ❞

Black eyes focused on the ceiling, ignoring the feeling of a warm brown gaze crawling over her skin. Farah memorized any imperfection in the white of the ceiling, any raised bump or scratch in the paint, hating the popcorn texture as it hung above her. Almost emotionlessly, she raised her shoulders in a shrug and looked at the therapist. Farah fiddled with the thread of her thin sweater, a chill running down her spine.

Her stare met his. "Are any of us ever really okay?"

"What happened to you?" The therapist asked her, eyes scanning over her warily.

She looked straight through the window and whispered, "He's back."

"Noah's dead, Farah. What do you mean he's back?"

Farah suddenly felt nauseous. "The nightmares." The words left her mouth in a mumble. "He's back. I saw him. Last night, in our room. I woke up and I saw him standing in the corner of the room. He just stared at me for minutes on end until I finally got the courage to scream."

The therapist adjusted his notebook, "Did he-"

The door burst open. Tall and broad stood Azrael, amber eyes bright and frantic over the fallen wood. His hands were shaking, "Farah, let's go. Now."

"What's wrong?" She asked, feeling her stomach settle with intuition.

Azrael swallowed thickly, "He's back."

"Who?" She asked, standing up straight, "Who's back, Azrael?"

Azrael stared at her directly. "Noah." He whispered, "He's back."

--

a c k n o w l e d g e m e n t s ;

to messythots for being one of my first ever readers, and an excellent friend.

t o a l l o f m y l o v e l y r e a d e r s ;

thank you so much for being so consistent and supportive. i'm so sorry to see this book go, but maybe in the future there will be a sequel!

o t h e r b o o k s ;

DEAR AUGUST short story/romance

❝ Dear August, where did you go? ❞

Dear August, where did you go?

death is tedious and dark-- it carries desperation with it, loss of hope and such a deep, searing scar of pure emptiness that it leaves remnants of itself within others. when you die, others die with you, only, on the inside. sadie elkayim treats her grief more differently than others-- by writing letters to the dead boy she loved.

--

IN GOD WE TRUST mafia/romance

He and I were ruined from the beginning

There was no going back- no saving ourselves, no saving us.

Our treacherous fate had been sealed for us the day we were born- a curse of some sort. A life chained to this environment, this society. Surrounded by our man-made corruption and fallen to our own imperfections, we were too busy trying to find the next high with the drugs placed on our tongue to notice what was in front of us all along.

And we- we were twisted and manipulative in countless ways, too gone for any hope of redemption. And nothing could extricate us,

Not even money.

--

HEARTBREAK HOTEL futuristic/romance

In a dystopian future where the heartbroken are considered to be mentally ill, victims of such desolation are thought of as a threat to society due to their desperation to obtain the affection of their heartbreaker, they must be checked into an as...

In a dystopian future where the heartbroken are considered to be mentally ill, victims of such desolation are thought of as a threat to society due to their desperation to obtain the affection of their heartbreaker, they must be checked into an asylum where they will undergo a series of therapeutic treatment and psychoanalysis.

But what if, what if it's love that heals their broken hearts? What if they seek refuge in each other, and escape?

--

a u t h o r ' s n o t e

thank you so much for reading my book! if you enjoy my writing, check out my other works (: