thirty-nine

this is completely unrelated lol but im OBSESSED with in my head by peter manos. its such a fucking good song, and as if it couldn't get better, i found out that peter manos is GREEK. anyway lol that made me super pr0ud go listen to that song right now it i promise u wont regret it 🤠

--

chapter thirty nine - hideaway

song of the chapter ; LOVE. FEAT. ZACARI. - kendrick lamar & zacari

--

"WE ALREADY PASSED your office." Farah frowned quizzically, eyebrows furrowing with a questioning expression as he guided her down the long, wide hallway of their large house. His hand was still looped around her wrist, and when Israfil turned around with a wicked grin on his lips, her stomach felt as if it had fallen to her feet. Giddiness was swirling through her veins, making her limbs tremble and her fingers shake. She knew that the mischevious smile on his face meant that he was going to do something that would get the both of them into trouble.

"I know." He winked, and she let out a slight squeak of surprise when he suddenly tugged her through a random door, closing it behind them.

Farah glanced at the bathroom with a confused shift of her eyes. "Why did you bring me here?"

The air in the room was heavy and thick with something she couldn't identify yet and it only intensified when he walked towards her, a devilishly handsome smirk on his face.

"I needed to get you all to myself for a little," His voice was chillingly attractive, thick and musky, and dare Farah say it... he sounded... sexy. Her heart was slamming against her ribs as he inched closer, and she moved back with caution until her shoulders met the wood of the door. He had her exactly where he wanted, confined to a corner, like a predator and prey. Only, this time, she wasn't afraid. It was thrilling, exhilarating in a way.

"Oh," Was all she could say, but even the simple word fell from her lips so breathily it would've been inaudible if it weren't for his acute hearing.

He smiled, white teeth contrasting against his thick, pink lips. "'Oh'?" Israfil was standing so close to her that she was face to face with his chest, and even though he was deathly tall, she felt too flustered to meet his gaze. Normally, she had to crane her neck up so much that it would sometimes ache, but now, she didn't couldn't even look at him. Instead, she tugged her glossed lip between her teeth with anxiousness, still staring at the black material of his shirt.

Her eyes followed the movement of his hand as it reached to cup her cheek, and each moment passed excruciatingly slow. Her stare caught onto the multiple rings on his fingers.