thirty-five

hEy shishterz im having a bad day so thats why im updating again 🤠 like writing is so cathartic for me!! that was irrelevant but anyway i hope u enjoy

--

chapter thirty five - phoenix

song of the chapter ; hostage - billie eilish

--

"ARE YOU SURE you're going to be okay?" Israfil asked, staring down at Farah with concern. He couldn't help it. Although he knew he was only leaving for a few short days and she would be in good hands, he still worried. What if she needed him when he was gone? What if she had another nightmare? He wouldn't be there to help her. His dark eyebrows were furrowed as his arms rested carefully on her shoulders.

Farah nodded, nearly smiling. This had been the third time he had asked her this question. To some, it would've come off as annoying, but she knew his intentions were only pure and that he was just wary. "I will, I promise."

"Did you make the Doctor appointment?" He asked.

She nodded, "Yeah, it's on Wednesday."

"Okay," He said slowly, still sounding unsure. He pulled her into a hug and felt content when he felt her arms wrap around his waist as she buried her face into his chest. He rested his chin on the top of her head for a moment, savouring the moment while it still lasted. It was only a few days, it wasn't that long, yet he still found himself forcing his brain to memorize the feeling of her skin and embrace.

She tilted her head up to look at him and Israfil could've sworn he felt the air leave his lungs. He inhaled sharply when her dark eyes scanned over him, and he cautiously inched his face towards her. He could hear her pull in a tight breath through her teeth before their lips met. The kiss was slow and warmed him right down to his bones, goosebumps raising against his body. 

"I..." He trailed off when they pulled away. ...Love you, He wanted to say but didn't. "I'll miss you." Israfil opted, not missing the strange way his chest felt when he saw her smile. It was faint, but he didn't miss the corners of her lips tilting upwards with delight, dimples imprinting in the sides of her cheeks as a light blush began to show.

"I'll miss you too," Farah said afterward, pressing her weight onto the balls of her foot, tiptoeing to reach up and press a shy kiss on the side of his cheek. "Bye." She bit her teeth into her lip upon seeing him smile contently as he pulled away. Her legs felt shaky and her stomach giddy, tying in knots, her hands shaking with anxiousness.

"Bye," He offered her a parting grin before he turned away and she watched his figure retreated down the driveway, long legs clad in black jeans and torso in a hoodie as he walked away. Farah found herself still smiling and watching him until he climbed into his car and sped off with a final wave.