ten

chapter ten - eternal

song of the chapter ; coaster - khalid

--

FARAH COULD NOT move. she was stood in complete and utter shock as she felt his lips against her own. There was no sudden slap, no alarm that could awake her from her rigid state, she felt truly entranced. Slowly and with hesitance, she melted into the warmth, swimming in it. Drowning in it.

Farah felt her body livening from the simple interaction, her stomach contained a ball of tangled never-ending nerves, sparking and crackling under the skin. When Israfil's hand reached up and cupped her cheek, skin meeting skin, it was like a sudden awakening.

And the consciousness hit her, hard.

The realization of her situation made her yank back from his embrace, her lips flushed and swollen. She kept her black eyes narrowed at the ground, too embarrassed to meet his gaze. Her fingers lay by her sides, trembling with anticipation. "Why did you do that?"

"Because I wanted to," Israfil whispered.

Farah shook her head, "You shouldn't have done that," She mumbled.

"Why?" Was all he could ask.

Plucking every bit of courage and bravery in her body, she forced her eyes to meet his own. Her breath halted for a moment, the silver intensity nearly making her forget what she was going to say. "What did you mean by Alpha? And what does rogue mean?" She hurriedly changed the subject.

Israfil, not wanting to enforce any forms of pressure on her, let out a sigh. "It's a long story. I'll explain to you tomorrow."

"I'm going to bed, then." She said. "Thank you for a good time, Israfil." Despite her gratitude, her tone was clipped and lacking anything else. Farah did not wait for another word to be spoken, instead, she pivoted on her heel and turned around, marching up the stairs to her bedroom.

Her heart sunk into her chest when she entered the empty bedroom. She shut the door promptly before slipping into a pair of shorts and a pajama top, running through her hands through her curly hair, her teeth digging into her bottom lip as her thoughts raced.

There was something off, she noted. She felt a familiar glare burning into the backs of her shoulder blades, scalding the skin. Farah spun around, her eyes doing a once-over of the room, scanning for any form of impending harm. When there was none, a nauseous feeling of uneasiness settled in her stomach. She felt crazy when she still felt a presence but decided to ignore it.