two

chapter two - sadistic

song of the chapter ; let me down - jorja smith ft stormzy

--

FARAH SNUCK BACK into the apartment, her fingers trembling with anxiety as she placed her car keys down on the front table. She turned around and shut the door, using nothing but caution, in fear of who she would awake. She could feel her heart pounding with vigor and slamming against her ribcage. Her neurotic state only worsened by an umpteen amount when she heard a floorboard creak.

"Where were you?" Noah rumbled from behind her.

Farah's eyes fluttered shut while she pressed her feverish forehead against the dark oak. The cold of it only made her feel more weak and nauseous. The type of apprehension she felt was making the emptiness of her stomach more prominent and her knees more rickety- as if her legs would give up beneath her.

Of course, he would find out,

he always did.

"Answer me," Noah demanded, his voice only growing in volume. When she didn't respond, his anger began to spike. Noah began to stride towards her, his hand wrapping around her upper arm and forcefully turned her around, shoving her against the door. His grip was deathly and bruising, promising "Are you fucking deaf, Farah?"

Noah could feel fire burning through his veins, livening his pulse with white-hot anger. The contrasting attitude of them was tragically ironic although their trembles were identical. The only difference was, of course, that he was trembling with ire while she was simply shaking because she feared her life.

Her head slammed against the wood, only furthering the harsh pounding that had begun in her mind. "Where were you?!" He shouted. "You were probably whoring yourself out to other men, weren't you?"

Her vision began to glaze over, but she knew that this was coming. She knew that she had deserved this. "No, I-"

"Shut the fuck up!"

She shut her eyes, too afraid to stare into his hazel ones. "Please stop, Noah." She whispered. "You're hurting me." His fingertips dug into her. There was no escaping this- escaping him or what he would do.

His hand left her for a brief moment, only to reach up and swing to the left, the sound of his hand meeting the side of her cheek resonating the room. The hard slap threw her to the floor, on the floor at his feet. The strike was hard and swift, shattering the remaining pieces of her demeanor.

"Didn't I tell you to shut the fuck up?" Noah spat. "Everything you have is because of me," He hissed. "If it weren't for me, you would be a homeless slut begging for money on the street." His foot reached up only to stomp down, crushing her ribs beneath his weight.

She couldn't cry out in pain, she knew he would only beat her further for it. Her thoughts began to drown her, restricting her lungs and preventing any oxygen from entering. She truly wished she had never been saved- that she had just accumulated the courage and made her leap of despondency.

She tried to gasp for air, for a hope that didn't exist, but her endeavors were idle and nugatory.

Farah attempted to convince herself that she deserved what had come to her, that he only did it because he loved her. That he had anger issues just as anyone did, and it was excusable because she needed him, she loved him. She owed him her life and much more.

"Get up," Noah's words were screams of derision, echoing the small apartment. "I'll make you regret even thinking about another man." When she didn't move from her spot on the acacia parquet floorboards, his fury became incandescent.

Noah reached down and hooked his hand around her t-shirt, the white cotton ripping as he yanked her up. Once in an upright position, Noah began to drag her to the bedroom where he shoved her on the bed and shut the door behind him.

Farah was sure at this point that the neighbors could hear the irregular beating of her heart, the muscle tripping and staggering to maintain a regular tempo- but no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't help but feel ridiculously helpless.

He stalked towards her, like a predator would towards prey, with dilated pupils and a borderline animalistic glint in his eyes. Noah certainly was not visibly ugly in any way possible, with his fluffy platinum hair that sat on the top of his head and his almost golden eyes. But often times, Devils didn't wear horns and a tail; they looked like anything and everything you could ever want.

There was something particularly lascivious in his stare, something that resembled a lustrous hate that made terrified chills run down Farah's spine. She was propped up on her elbows, staring at him in horrified and dreaded anticipation, in fear of what he would do. All of sudden, he advanced forwards and laid on top of her, but not pressing his weight against her.

He was sure not to crush her underneath him, but as his lips neared closer to his she tried desperately to shove him off. He growled in frustration when she turned her face sharply to the left, causing his kiss to land on her cheek instead. Noah placed his mass on his other hand and used the other to grab her chin and force her to look at him.

"Stop denying me." He ordered through clenched teeth.

She tried to pull his hand away when it slipped under her shirt. "Noah, please stop!" Her words came out like a plea.

He pinned her to the bed, the fabric feeling scratchy under her skin. "Shut the fuck up," Noah snarled. He began to tear at the white fabric, ripping her shirt off her body. "Stop being a prude."

Her eyes widened in alarm, "Noah, stop!" She screamed.

He rolled his eyes and stood up abruptly, shoving her hard. "Fucking bitch." He muttered under his breath before leaving the room.

Farah let out a breath of relief into the air and slumped against the bed, enveloped in the fluffy white sheets.

--

Farah had always hated Mondays, especially mornings.

Through the window that sat next to her bed, she could see the plum and pink sky that almost lit up her room despite the darkness. The peach hue of the sky outlined the light contours of Noah's shirtless body that lay next to her, his eyes still shut.

Farah felt a small smile, he looked so harmless when he was asleep like he wouldn't hurt a soul. She loved him.

She glared at her annoying bedside alarm and began to wash up and change into her work attire. Her cheek ached and she could see a dark plum patch of skin where a bruise had begun to form, the mark a constant reminder of how her life was. Her ribs ached and she knew that she was lucky he didn't break anything this time. She would barely be able to pay for the hospital bill.

Farah pulled out her makeup bag from under the sink, applying her foundation with caution as she blended it over the discoloration and did the rest of her makeup as she usually did. She pumped curl enhancing products onto her hands and began to scrunch it into her hair before taking out her hair diffuser and drying the locks of raven.

She took a deep breath and headed for the front door and slipped on her shoes, grabbing her keys and purse without taking breakfast.

With a pessimistic mindset and her hands trembling in anxiety, she began driving to work.

--

oof what yall think ?? the end was sort of boring but i needed to get to 1000 words lmaoo

lmk in the comments (: