Chapter One

A/N: Images used is just found from google searches (unless otherwise stated as fan art given to me).. I don't art well

~Dream/Flashback (Age 7)~ [Ciel'sPOV]

"Ciel!" A small delicate looking girl with waist length silvery white hair and the most dazzling pair of blazing emerald orbs threw her frail arms around me with a giggle.

I hugged her back with a laugh. Everything seemed so much brighter when she was around. There wasn't any form of darkness that her smile couldn't brighten. "Sirius, what are you doing here?"

"Our Papa's are having a meeting." She smiled as she slipped her hand in mine and pulled me toward the garden, "Let's go on an adventure!"

Sirius' father was a scary looking man, he was always clad in black, and had long silvery hair just like hers, but it hung in his face and completely obscured his eyes from view. I'd never seen his face before, but with the cross-stitched scar across his neck and peeking out from beneath his hair, I wasn't sure I wanted to. I didn't exactly know why our fathers met, they didn't appear to have anything in common, but they always said it was business. I had no idea what business my father could have with a man named Undertaker, but it was due to their business meetings that I got to meet Sirius, so I was grateful.

She released my hand and skipped ahead of me into the garden with a beautiful lilting laugh. In no time at all, she had slipped out of my line of sight, lost in the overgrown hedges.

"Siri!" I called in a panic as I sprinted after her.

"Shh! They'll hear us." She appeared beside me with a brilliant smile.

"Who?" I whispered.

"The head hunters." She said seriously. Her capacity for imagination and creativity astounded me, and just like that we were in her world, a world of monsters and action and adventure. It was a frightening and invigorating world.

We played pretend for hours, though it felt like no time at all. She had that effect on people. When I was with Siri, nothing else mattered, there were no real bad guys, just the made-up ones that Siri always valiantly defeated.

"Ciel! Sirius!" Father called as he and Undertaker strolled through the hedges searching for us.

Siri was currently perched high up in a tree, I had no idea how she got up there. She was so agile, so fast, it was almost unnatural. I was stuck inside a shrub waiting to jump out at her signal. I tensed as father and Undertaker walked under the cover of the tree she was perched in.

She leapt out of the tree with a battle cry that would make any warrior proud. Undertaker caught her in his arms with a laugh. He tickled her sides causing her to squeal in laughter. "Ciel! Help me! I've been captured by giants!"

I attempted to gracefully leap out of the shrub I'd been hiding in, but only managed to get partially hung up in its entangling branches. Upon noticing my struggle, my father chuckled and scooped me out of the snare like shrubbery.

"Time to say goodbye, princess." Undertaker smiled dotingly as he set Sirius back on her feet.

She threw her arms around me and hugged me tight, "Bye, Ciel."

"Bye, Siri." I already felt lost knowing she'd be leaving. I watched in despair as she and her father disappeared from my line of sight. Fire sprang to life all around me as she vanished. I began to panic as it consumed me, this wasn't real. What was happening?

~End~

(Present: Ciel, Age 15) A/N: yes I made him a bit older lol just go with it

I jolted awake. Cold sweat clung to my skin and I sat up and attempted to get my breathing under control, what was that dream about?

"Young master, is everything alright?" My demon butler appeared in the doorway, his crimson orbs glinting in the slanted rays of moonlight that filtered through my balcony windows.

"I'm fine." I sighed and ran a shaky hand through my damp hair. Why did that dream shake me up so much?

"Are your nightmares back?" Sebastian asked curiously.

"It was a new one." I shrugged. I hadn't seen her in ages. Her father sent her to some rich boarding school. Normally young ladies couldn't attend school, but Siri got the highest score on the entrance exam, so now ladies of a certain IQ level could attend.

Sebastian realized I wasn't in a talking mood and bowed, "If there's nothing you need, then I shall take my leave."

I dismissed him with a wave of my hand and pulled open the drawer of the nightstand at my bedside. There was a small photograph of a beautiful young woman with silvery white hair and smoldering eyes, Siri. Her father sent me her photograph a few weeks prior; she'd really grown up over the years. She was a beautiful young woman now.

I'd always wished, growing up, that Siri could be my betrothed, instead of Lizzie. I think I'd be much happier if it was Siri I was going to marry one day.